Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015: This week was great!



HOLA FAMILIA!! MUCHAS GRACIAS POR SUS CORREOS!! I loved them!! I got my package and loved it too!! I loved the Hi Chews and feel so much better running in my new shoes. Thanks so much! Thanks so much for all of your sweet emails too!!! They made my day!! You all sound like you’re doing great and having a good time.

This week was great!! We got soaked on Saturday, there was a downpour!! The streets flooded and we had to walk through them....that’s the closest I will get to swimming out here ha-ha. But the good thing, when it really started to get heavy, we ran into a bike repair shop to wait it out. When we were there, we contacted a guy who was there waiting too. He told us he had read the Book of Mormon that a doctor gave him a few months ago. He really liked it and wanted us to visit him....but he lives 2 blocks outside of our area. Que lastima!! But we sent the Elders there from the other ward. His name is Jorge. We also contacted the woman cutting my hair this morning, she also loves the Book of Mormon and was wanting to go to church, but some idiot told her she couldn’t go unless she had a skirt, but she doesn’t have money to buy one. I would have given her the one I had on...but I’m pretty sure that’s against the missionary dress code ha-ha. Anyways, I told her not to worry about it and that she could go in her jeans, and when she finally had a skirt, she can wear it. She seemed excited after that. Her name is Blanca. We found a woman named Elba this week. We had a great first lesson with her! We were looking for her and went to the wrong house....but I had her phone number. So after a kind of awkward phone conversation, I convinced her that we weren’t terrorists and she gave us her real address. When we got there, she was stone-cold. But with my ponderizing scripture I had selected for the week, she opened up. I shared Jeremiah 29:13. She was telling us that God cannot be found because there is too much bad in the world. We told her, you find what you look for. The scripture says: And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. After sharing the scripture, we explained you find what you look for. We shared a lesson about prayer and asked if she would be willing to be baptized. She said after she gained some faith, she would be ready. Cool, we can take care of that. We haven’t found Karla, but we found her 17 year old daughter. We got her interested in mutual, and so I think we can jump in that family from there. So yeah, we are working hard and talking with everyone! We found Amada this week too and gave her a Book of Mormon. We are lifting the area, slowly and surely. I’m really stoked to get working this week!!

Well, I am going to tie in my spiritual thought with the ponderizing scripture I just shared that I had last week from Jeremiah. I know that there is a lot of bad in the world, but I really do know that if we look for the good and be good, we can find the joy and peace in this life that we all seek. I know that the way to search for God with all our heart is doing the little things...like reading the scriptures daily, studying the words of the living prophets, daily prayers, attending church, and serving others. I know that we can find His hand in our lives daily. We just have to look.

I love you all so much and hope that you all have a great week!! Thanks for all the love and support!! I have the best family!!! Well, until next week!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO DONT FORGET TO PICK A PONDERIZING SCRIPTURE!!!!

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton
Hermana Anderton and Zepeda at Zone Conference.  Raegan Trained Hermana Zepeda last December.

Hemana's Ferrell, Clark, Reynoso and Anderton.  Hermana's Ferrell and Clark were spending the night on the way to Juarez.
Package has finally arrived!!!!
Agression!

Hi-Chews from Heaven
Other goodies...

Excited to get new running shoes!!!


Hermana's Reynoso and Anderton at Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment