Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015: Heaven knows what it is exactly....


Hola familia!! Everyone sounds great!! So happy that everyone is doing well!! I can’t believe how fast time is flying either. I still am in shock that you guys have my travel plans. When they called on Thursday to ask me what airport I was planning on going to, I almost fell over. Either way, though, I’m going to keep working hard ha-ha. Thanks so much for your emails, they really are wonderful!

Well, this week was great! Elba came to church!! She is the woman from last week who was a reference that believed there was too much bad in the world to find God....I hope that rings a bell. Anyways, please pray for her. She is progressing really well. She is reading the Book of Mormon and is super excited to learn. She soaks everything in that we say. It’s awesome! Only problem, she’s in a unión-libre. Sooooooo we will have to make wedding plans ha-ha. But after church on Sunday, she was smiling and kept telling us thanks for inviting her. We are going back to visit her on Tuesday. We found a less active family; the son wants to prepare to go on a mission in a year or so. They are neighbors of another investigator we have named Paulina. We are going to activate the family, send the son on a mission, and get Paulina to go to church to prep her for baptism. Paulina doesn’t like getting up early but Nefertari (the daughter) got Paulina to church this week. So we were happy! We found a new investigator named Tomasa. She is Christian and was super shut down when we first went. She told us that maybe we were the ones who were wrong. Okay.....so we just testified. She softened right up after that and said she wanted to know more. (Good work Holy Ghost, pound it!) I’m excited to go back and teach her. She knows a lot from the Bible, hmmmmm that doesn’t scare me one bit. We are trying to get Jesus Carrassco to go to church too. He never answers the door on Sundays because he is scared to go. He is super shy. We have a member friend for him, and this week we took him to the chapel to see it. He seemed to like it.  I played the piano for him when we went into the sacrament room. He said he felt a special spirit....ándale, let’s go to church then!!!

Food stories, this week I ate meatloaf. It was the happiest day of my life!! I miss meatloaf so much!! The Relief Society President made it. When I saw it, I almost jumped for joy....and it was super good :) Other food I ate....it’s called: BUCHE. Heaven knows what it is exactly, but you put it in tacos. From what I understood, it is the part of the animal in the throat that is more or less associated with the esophagus and is some type of membrane. I don’t know, I didn’t understand some of the words they were using to describe it to me. And yes....it was gross. It was chewy and had no flavor. I was putting a salt and lime all over my tacos trying to give it something ha-ha. Hope I never have to eat that again, oh well...I can say I tried it now.

My thought for you guys comes from the Book of Mormon, this week we read King Benjamin’s talk and we ran into one of my favorite scriptures, Mosiah 4:9

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

I really love this scripture because we really need to believe in God, His plans for us, His power, and that He loves us perfectly. Really, the scripture speaks for itself. However, I feel that before my mission, I believed in Him. But out here my belief has turned into a fervent trust...a true and firm belief in Him. I think if we all take a moment to reflect on our lives, we will realize just how much He has taken care of us, and will recognize His hand in every point in our lives....and then we can strengthen our trust and belief in Him. I know that God lives and loves us and is aware of each of us.

Well, that’s all for this week. I love you guys and miss you lots!!! You are all so wonderful, I’m so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Thanks for all the support and love. Have a fabulous week!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO :)

Con TODO mi amor,

Hermana Anderton

Somewhere near Neuvo Casas Grandes.  Raegan was excited to see something "green" again!

No comments:

Post a Comment