Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9, 2014


Hola familia! Como estan?! Did you get my letter yet? I sent it out on Saturday...but I don't think the mail was running since it was the 4th of July. I'm snail mailing the letter for Grandma Anderton to you; can you please type it up when you get it? My handwriting is absolutely atrocious because I was writing super-fast because I needed to get all my thoughts down. I will drop that in the mailbox tomorrow morning probably. Thanks for the letters and packages. I really appreciate them, you have no idea. Even though I don't have time to write back very much, I really appreciate receiving letters. I pretty much marched around showing the family pictures to everyone; I was super excited to see them. We are the cutest family on the planet...I'm pretty sure. How is the car from the guy in the gas station on the 4th of July? I started laughing out loud reading that letter Mom. You are funny even in writing. Dad, your letters make me soooo happy! I love them! I know my daddy loves me :)

Well, this week my schedule didn't change much. Dad's right...it's a lot like "Groundhogs Day" here. But it's a good day every day. However, there are quite a few highlights and thoughts I will tell you guys about. Once again, please forgive me for my scatterbrained-ness. There is limited time here! So here we go: On Monday the other Hermanas and I were going crazy. We had been studying super hard and it was HOT in our classroom. I mean, we would laugh about everything. So in our crazy-state, we decided to give everyone in our district "Spirit Animals" which are basically what you would be if you were an animal. So here's the list, it's awesome: Elder Lamm is a mountain lion because he is an outdoorsy guy who knows everything about nature, Elder Pinder is a panda bear because we just adore him (he's like the baby of the district and we all want to take care of him), and Elder Smith is a puppy because he's eager to please people and is very obedient. Hermana Andrews is a sea-otter because she is attached to her baby blanket (just like sea otters get attached to their favorite rock). Hermana Gardner is a dove because she is super graceful and fluttery. Hermana Storms, aka the best companion on the planet, is a bumbstermel (a bumblebee, hamster, and a camel. she drinks water like crazy and is super cute so yeah...that's where we got that animal haha), and I'm a fainting goat because I get really excited about things and stuff. (Go look up fainting goat on YouTube and you will totally see me as a fainting goat. It's so realistic it's ridiculous!) SO yeah, that's what we do for fun. To celebrate the 4th of July, we watched "17 Miracles" which reminded me of trek and stuff...then "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" started playing during the middle of the movie...that's my favorite hymn...and I cried for the first time since I've been in the MTC. Haha, most people cry for the first time for other reasons...and I cried because of a movie. But really, the pioneers hold such a special spot in my heart because of the sacrifices they made and their legacy of faith they left. So I guess I was just not prepared for my 4th of July celebration to leave me in tears, and that's why I probably cried harder than anyone else during the movie. Anyways, after the movie we went outside and watched the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire and we could hear Carrie Underwood singing! So that was cool and fun. We got to stay up past our bedtime, hooray! I really am struggling with this sleeping schedule, I won't lie. I'm not a morning person. But luckily my companion is, so she just turns on the light and then I can't sleep anymore so it all works haha. A funny thought the hermanas and I had this week: We have no idea what everyone is talking about when they say you will gain weight in the MTC. If anything, I'm losing some because I can't keep the food in me for more than 20 minutes, none of us can haha. So we are super excited to see what Mexican food does to us! So if you want, feel free to send me food! (Hi-Chews, green apple flavor would be FABULOUS!) On Sunday, Hermana Storms and I were called to be the Online Coordinators for our zone...we had no idea that those existed, but said yes anyway. The mystery was solved and now we can do our job. I also was asked to pray for the beginning of fast and testimony meeting in Spanish, I cannot tell you how terrified I was to pray in front of people in Spanish. Oh man, I about peed my skirt. I am super nervous to pray in front of people in English...let alone a language I'd been learning for only 10 days. But I just went up there and words came out and it was fine. My Spanish is actually coming along pretty good. I have to try hard, but my efforts are paying off fast. I don't feel too stressed about the language at all, so that's been a great blessing. I seriously struggle for some English words now. Today we went up to main campus and I seriously can't say "Hello, how are you doing?" without thinking about it. Down here on West Campus we have our own little Spanish village, so saying stuff in Spanish or at least Spanglish is just the way we roll.

That's pretty much my life this week in a nutshell: Working hard and playing kind of hard. I know I'm where I am supposed to be! I keep having Deja vu moments like crazy. I can't tell you how much I love this. I mean, I already loved this gospel so much, but I'm just growing to love it more. It's crazy. I just want to run around the entire world and tell everyone! Elder Andersen came and spoke to us for Tuesday evening devotional and he talked about the Holy Ghost. I was sitting there just thinking about all the opportunities I've had to feel His influence and His comfort this week and reflected on how grand of a gift it really is to have a member of the Godhead with us always. SOOOOO SPECIAL!! Saturday was actually a little rough for me and the Holy Ghost really just assured me that being myself was sufficient and that I was going to be okay, it was awesome. I just really can't explain how excited I am to be on the Lord's errand. I volunteered to be here, and I'm so happy I answered the call extended to me to come. SO HAPPY! Well, I hope all is well with you all. Don't worry too much about me, I am being watched over and my district is my little family here. I love them so much. The hermanas are my soul-sisters, pretty sure! Well, have a great week! XOXOXOXOXO I miss you guys! But I will see you every day for the rest of my life, so we are all good :)

CON MUCHO AMOR,
Hermana Anderton


Study or blow bubbles?  Blow bubbles!

Raegan insisted I post this!

Who knows?

Mustaches for everyone!

I'm guessing 4:00pm and have had enough with class!!

Raegan and Samuel Smith (first missionary)

USA.......   Happy 4th!

Watching the fireworks on the 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment