Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014: Don't you worry, I know!



HOLA FAMILIA!!! Oh how I miss your shining faces. But it's cool, I'm all good. This week I got my haircut...by someone other than Jen. Oh man I was sooooo nervous!! Nobody but her has touched my hair for 15 years. It turned out okay. He cut off a little more than I wanted, but its hair so it will grow back, right??

This weekend Hermana Patlan and her daughter Juanita were baptized! It was the best day of my mission!! Hermano Patlan performed the baptism; it was so precious seeing them all go to the font together. I am so grateful I got permission to go! We (the missionaries) sang, "When I am Baptized" and I thought it was extra special since that's what we sang at my baptism, too. I gave them my set of Spanish scriptures I got in the MTC since I already had some. Hermana Patlan was very grateful for them. I told her that it was the only way I knew how to show her my love since I can't really tell her very well. She gave me a big hug and said, "Don't you worry, I know!" I was so glad she knew. I think actions often speak louder than words, and I just always tried to show my love for them and sputter out a few sentences to tell them. We went and ate at their house after; they fed us after THEIR baptism! That's the kind of people they are...super sweet and sincere. I can't wait for them to go to the temple! I looked back in my journal and found an entry from September 19, Hermana Patlan said she didn't want to be baptized that day... and I wrote, "I'm upset, but not too worried. She is prepared and she just needs to realize it. She will get baptized." Sooooooo cool to see it happen! It made me trust the Spirit even more, because all logic would have pointed to dropping her as an investigator, but the Spirit told us to hold on and told me she would do it. Oh, you guys it was amazing!!!!!! I am so happy I have the chance to be on the Lord's errand!

Let's see, Hermana Ramirez and I are really getting along. We have a lot of good laughs and are bonding. We are different, but we are learning a lot from each other. This week we had intercambios for a day and I learned to appreciate more all that Hermana Ramirez does! We also both really like Jane Austen, who knew?? My new area has a lot of work to do. We are getting 2 new missionaries so there will be 6 in total here.

My thought for you all is a quote, "Our testimonies, our peace of mind, and our well-being begin with the willingness to believe that indeed our Heavenly Father does know best." - Melvin J Ballard. I know that I am where I need to be and doing what I need to be doing. There is no doubt in my mind that our Heavenly Father does know best, and we need to put forth every part of us to do things His way, even when it's not easy.

I love you all so much and hope that you all have a great week! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Hermana Anderton


Football fan?

Princess Pinata

Blue Angels......

Should I or should I not?

Living the Dream.....

Love it when it rains

No comments:

Post a Comment