Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014: The End of Daylight Savings Time...... or Not!



HOLA MI HERMOSA FAMILIA!!!! Oh how I love you all and your letters! I especially enjoyed the one from Grandma Anderton. I am still laughing about Maddie and jury duty...that would happen ha-ha. I was really sad to hear about John. But I do know that this life is just a spec in a big picture. Their family is super strong and so I have no doubt in my mind que ellos pueden vencer este desafio. Send them all my love!!!

Well, this week was really good. I am going to be here in Rio Nilo for another 6 weeks. We were called last night and told that we would be staying together here. SWEET RELIEF!!!!!! On Sunday, we missed sacrament meeting. Yeah, terrible missionaries!! But let me explain. Elder Temple told us the night before that is was the week to set back our clocks. So we happily did so. I guess one of the members called him in the morning before church to tell him that it wasn't this week but next. He didn't call us so we were still in oblivion!! So at 10:15, when church had already started at 10, and the chapel is 20 minutes from out house...we got a call from Elder Temple wondering where we were. They only noticed we weren't there after the opening hymn when I wasn't there to play the piano ha-ha! So, we missed the first meeting. (We can't feel bad because it wasn't our fault.) In the end, it was actually a little nice because we got an extra hour of sleep right? And the Elders felt really bad, so today I get a chocolate bar. Can't complain about that! Oh the mission, crazy things happen. You miss church! I think my Spanish is getting better. This week when I was in my waking-up in my bed right before the alarm went off, I was mumbling to myself, "Si Senor, yo te seguire." I caught myself and realized in my half-awake, dreaming stupor I was mumbling in Spanish. Cool!!! Subconscious Spanish is a good sign. Last week after I got done writing you guys, I had a funny experience. There is a place that sells really good burritos and the same lady works there every Monday. Long story short, we are regulars. She asked me where I was from last week, and then she said, "Oh, Idaho. I was telling my son about the beautiful girl that comes every Monday to buy burritos but I did not know where she was from. Now I can tell him. He lives in Dallas and will be coming here soon to visit. Maybe you can get to know him." I laughed and explained I was a missionary, but I don't know if it sunk in yet for her. She was pretty insistent. Ha, no. We will see what she says this week when we go for burritos again ha-ha.

We are finding new investigators and have had really powerful lessons. We watched Joseph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration with a recent convert and his wife. The Spirit was soooo strong in that lesson! The Restoration is such a miracle, we need to share it!!! Also, we had a really great lesson about the Plan of Salvation with Yoeli and Eri yesterday. I think they really felt the Spirit in that lesson and are on their way to baptism!!!

My thought for you this week, "Being a disciple of Jesus Christ is not an effort of once a week or once a day. It is an effort of once and for all." -President Uchtdorf. We must always be the people we are supposed to be. This gospel is a gospel of action and character and of progress. It's a lifelong commitment that will change us to be the people we need to become. Don't we all have a lot of work to do? I know I do.

I love you all and miss you all so much! I hope everyone has a great week!

Con todo de mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

Note:  No pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment