Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2015: Dirt in the Eye!




Hola familia!! Everyone sounds great :) That rocks my world. Congrats to Kennedy for making varsity and for getting her back-tuck. I was always such a chicken...and look at her go! Madison's engagement pics are really cute!!! You guys look really happy :) Speaking of pics and happiness, Hermana Lievano tried to send you pics mom and dad through Facebook I think she also sent you both a friend request; at least that is what she said. So she doesn't speak English or anything, but y'all have google translate...and when I get home, you'll have Hermana Anderton to translate ha-ha. Anyways, I hope things are getting wrapped up for the wedding, its coming up!! AHHHHH! I need a cardboard cutout for pics. Summer is just around the corner too right? Wow, it seems like just yesterday we were moving me out of my apartment from college after finishing up the semester.

This week was the week of cambios. Ummmmm, I don't remember how to say those in English......wait......wait........AH! Transfers! Well, I'm sticking here in Rio Nilo still and finishing training Hermana Ferrell. I decided I might as well buy a couch and a toaster since I'm never leaving here ha-ha. I've been here for 7 months. But I'm cool with it. I really like it here :) It's been really windy, I've ate lots of nutritious dirt. Seriously, sometimes we would get back to the apartment and I thought, "Whoa, my wicked tan is coming in!!" but....then I take a shower and it goes away. So much dirt! I'm really glad I have my glasses to help with that. This week we put another baptismal date with Maria for the 25th of April. She always loves having us come and the Spirit we bring. We have really caught her attention with the idea of the gift of the Spirit and enjoying it all the time after her baptism. She is the coolest woman on the planet!!! Her life has changed so much. The mission is wonderful because you get to watch the effect of the gospel in people's lives. It's such an opportunity and a blessing!!! Funny story about her: her children NEVER listen to her and she used to not discipline them...but that's changing. One day we were coming up the stairs and came to her shantily covered porch out the back of her house and found 2 beds and bunch of toys and Lluvia and Abram sitting there. We asked what happened and they said their mom kicked them out for 24 hours because they were being bad. I know I shouldn't have started laughing...but I did. She opened the door for us and said, "Please come in sisters. I was waiting for you. Don't mind them." So, we went in the house and she said that they were going to learn. She told us she didn't yell at them or anything and calmly moved their beds outside and locked them out. I know it's horrible, but I could totally see it happening and Hermana Ferrell and I laughed. You must understand, these kids are out of control....so to them it was a total shock. Other than that, we talked to a bunch of people in the street and have been really busy. Somehow we always end up right where we need to be!! It's cool to watch miracles and tender mercies happening every day.

I bought a Sudoku book on the internet last week. I decided I really don't want to be an old crazy lady....I've met so many of those! Also, I'm a bit of a nerd and I guess you could say I was thrilled to have some number puzzles to solve. My comp took a nap last week and I played Sudoku.

Well, my spiritual thought for you guys is from President Kimball. He has a book called "Faith Precedes the Miracle" that I keep finding quotes from in my scriptures. Hunt down that book and read it! I've loved every single quote from it. Anyway it says:

"Is there not wisdom in his giving us trials that we might rise above them, responsibilities that we might achieve, work to strengthen our muscles, sorrows to try our souls? Are we not exposed to temptations to test our strength, sickness that we might learn patience, death that we might be immortalized and glorified? ... No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education ... builds our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called children of God."

I love that! Anyways, I know a few of you are feeling a little buried right now, but roll with the punches :) There is no moment in our life that goes wasted if we go about with an attitude to learn and with a mind open to the promptings of the Spirit. Life is a miracle, life is amazing!!! Hard, but absolutely wonderful!!!! Everything has a purpose and God is aware of each of us and what we are going through. He will support us in every moment of our lives. Of that I am sure!! :)

Well, I love you guys so much and miss you all greatly!!!!!! Oh, I just want to bring you all here with me!! I love my mission!!! Thanks for all you have done for me and for the wonderful opportunities that you have given me. I love you all!!! Have a fabulous week, keep calm and keep the faith. WE are all living the dream!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO till next week!!!

Con todo de mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

Birthday Gift....   Not sure if they are telling Raegan she talks too much??

She was calling a masterpiece??

Birthday gift from Hermana Mercado

Raegan says that Hermana Mercado eats popsicles like a little kid..  haha


Raegan's companion Hermana Ferrell from Green River Wyoming....  Way to represent.

Hermana Luly...  Takes care of Raegan...  We love mission moms!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment