Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015: Coolest Candle Ever


Now that is a "Birthday Candle"!!!

HOLA FAMILIA!!!!! You all sound like you are doing great and enjoyed the General Conference ALMOST as much as I did. It was awesome! I did have a good birthday out here, lots of members kept giving me cake, so I just started giving it away to my comp and other people. I was all caked out ha-ha. So we sat around eating cake and watching conference and then went out to preach, so I would say my birthday was great. Rosario gave us lunch that day and on my cake she put a firework, coolest candle ever! Good luck Kennedy with cheer tryouts, you will do great and will be in my prayers. Mom and Dad, we HAVE to travel all over Mexico!! Seriously, I've made a list of all the places we need to go as a family. Everyone was just talking about that this week, so right now I have traveling syndrome. So anyways, I have a list of about 10 places we need to see here in Mexico.

This week was good. We were pretty busy contacting people with the "Because He Lives" initiative that the Church is doing for Easter. I hope you guys have seen the video. If not, go check it out and share it. I really like the music. We found a family to teach! We were passing by a house of an old reference that we had back in December and could never find. I had a distinct impression to turn back and knock on her door, even though I had high doubts that she would be there...because she wasn't EVER. But I figured I would rather follow the impression than wonder if I should have. When we got there, she had just barely come back from her LOOOOONG vacation. We asked if we could visit her for a little bit right then and she let us in. We chatted for a while and then showed the "Because He Lives" video and they really liked it. Her name is Armida and her husband is Juan...and embarrassingly, I can't remember their son and daughter's name right now. Whoops. Anyways, Juan is a Bible junkie and was asking a bunch of complicated questions about the Bible trying to stump us the first few minutes we were there. But luckily, the Spirit helped me remember things I've learned and I found myself really grateful that I went to seminary and took my scripture reading seriously. THANK YOU BROTHER HILL!!!! We gained his trust after that and then he relaxed a bit. We left them a Book of Mormon and taught them how to pray and we will be visiting them later this week. Maria went to the baptism and liked it a lot. She started listing off all the things she would have to do if she got baptized to me and expressed her concern that she couldn't follow through on a few things. I assured her that she could, and that we can't be perfect. She's ready, she just doubts herself....so we will keep working. We found a woman who talked with the missionaries at a hair salon 4 years ago. She asked us for a Book of Mormon and hugged it when we gave it to her. She said she had always wanted to read it. Her name is Ampara. She's a future investigator we have, so hopefully this week she can be a new one :) So yep, we are just talking to everyone and the stray dogs in the street trying to find the people who are seeking happiness ha-ha.

I found a new favorite game I like, it's called scripture baseball. Summary: you have to guess book, chapter, and verse to get a homerun. OH BRING ON THE CHALLENGE!!! Hermana Ferrell showed it to me, I'm addicted. I love that game. I also am still using my Med Tech skills and gave Hermana Mercado a shot for her allergies this week. She was worse than Kennedy!!!! She wouldn’t calm down. After the shot, she almost passed out. Good gravy, we had a good laugh at her afterward.

General Conference was amazing! I loved the focus on families and on testimonies. Focusing on what we do know instead of what we question was a good point that Rosemary M. Wixom made. I loved her talk!! I think because I've worked with a lot of less-actives and have found that trend to be so true. I think that's something we can all apply, too. We know the simple truths of the gospel to be true, sometimes we get caught up on the things we cannot understand and lose our love for the things we do know. Questions are good, they are how we learn. But we need to be careful what type of questions we ask, and be prepared if the answer is, "You cannot know yet." I know that this church is true, that the BoM is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Christ is my Savior. So...even though there are some other things I don't understand or question, I cannot deny the basic truths of my testimony. So if anyone ever doubts, just remember to go back to where it all started: the basics. (This can all be found in Preach My Gospel, I love that manual!) Anyways, enjoy lds.org and the conference talks. Study them, apply them, and make goals!!!! :)

Well, I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for all the love and support. I have the best family and friends on the planet. I love you all soooo much! I'm doing well here and living the dream. I hope that you all are too!!! XOXOXOXOXO till next time!

Con amor,
Hermana Anderton


20!

Mission issued transportation....... not!
Lets go contact people!!!


Happy Birthday Raegan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment