Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015: A Package From Italy..... Fragile!


Hola familia!!!! Everyone sounds great!!!! Mom, your emails kill me!!! I was laughing so hard I was crying....I know why you picked that quote. Ha ... ehhhh I gotta catch my breath. Hmmm Thai food? How was it really?? Happy late birthday to Grandma Anderton. I woke up on Friday and realized I had forgotten to mention it in my last letter. Please send her all the best birthday wishes and a great big hug and kiss from me. I got my package this week! Thanks so much! I loved it!!!!!!!! My comp starting eating her chocolate bunny before we even took pics ha-ha. I thought the package might have been Italian since is said, "Fragile." (think A Christmas Story with Ralphie) I pulled the Christmas Story quote ... but was the only one laughing since my comp has never seen that movie.

Well, this week was a bit tough, but we made it through alright and had a few great experiences. We have a new investigator with a lot of potential, her name is Fabiola. She really likes art and speaks a little bit of English. My comp connected with her on the art thing, she was pretty excited about it. She is definitely the better half of this companionship, she is awesome!! We are really excited to teach Fabiola. She used to be an atheist but has had some experiences that have led her to want to know more about God. She is 26 years old. Maria has had a few difficulties and so her baptismal date has been postponed. Even though she has a lot of problems, she is a sincere seeker of truth and loves the gospel. So, we will keep patiently working with her and her family. Ha, I'm so impatient. She was teaching her nephew yesterday when we were visiting her that God and Christ are 2 different people, "SON DOS!!!" she kept repeating and repeating. We went to primary on Sunday with Lluvia because she did not want to go to the second half of her class and wanted to be with us. Oh primary!!!!!! We sang "Follow the Prophet" 2 times with all 9 versus...I was all propheted out!!!!

I know that Heavenly Father answers the prayers of His children and is aware of their needs. We were walking down the street and a man came running across the street and asked if we were the Mormon missionaries. When we told him “yes”, he invited us to come visit his wife right then. Turns out she is a less active member I haven't seen before. When we walked in, her face lit up and she said, "Oh, I'm so grateful you have come! You are here when I need you most." She is going through some rough things and really felt desperate. She came to church yesterday :). We are also visiting another less active member and helping her read the Book of Mormon since she never has. We read it with her and discuss the passages so that she can understand them better. We are in 2 Nephi now... try explaining that in Spanish ha-ha. Anyways, I never really pondered the importance of our visits until yesterday when she started bawling and said, "You will never understand how much your visits and patience means to me." She had written each of us a little note and in it described how lonely she had felt until we came and helped her learn to love the scriptures. We were the answers to the prayers of these two women, and we didn't know it until after. God is directing His work! We must do more than know the gospel; we have got to live it! Heavenly Father answers prayers sometimes through us. If we are not listening, we will miss it.

So I have a quote! (Surprise) and it's from Uchtdorf. "Forget not to be patient with yourself, forget not the difference between good and foolish sacrifices. Forget not to be happy now. Forget not the 'why' of the Gospel. Forget not that the Lord loves you." I have seen a lot of sad people this week because they have forgotten; they have forgotten who they are and who loves them. Have you ever paid attention to how many times the word "Remember" or something of the sort is in the scriptures? IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!! I sincerely believe if we would put a little more effort in to remember what we have felt and learned in times past, we would be so much better off. So anyways, forget not that God loves His children. It's a simple concept really. When trials come and when things don't go quite our way ... if we just remember that ONE thing ... then it doesn't matter as much anymore because we know that the one in charge of the universe loves us. Just remember!

Well, I love you all and hope that all of you have a great week! Best of luck with all the adventures coming your way this week!!! :) I love you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Thanks for all the support and love each of you has given me. I really am so blessed and have the best family in the world!!! Pues, until next week!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO ... Living the Dream :)

Con Amor,
Hermana Anderton


Hermana Ferrell and Anderton


Birthday Box has arrived.....   Family joke from Christmas Story!  It's from Italy....  Fragile!!!
Robin Eggs....   I'm suspecting they were gone before sundown.

What could it be....

Hahaha...  Some outfits I sent home from the MTC!!!
Surprise...



A new dress...

Yes, the bunny had an ear before we sent it... haha

Hot Chocolate in Juarez?  Hmmmmm.....

Mommy/Daughter Necklace.

Now were sending Nutella by the gallon!!  Raegan could survive for years on this.
Yes....


Pudding....  Nutella and Pudding!!! I'm set.

Dad sent her a mint from the Red Iguana (SLC)

Searching for more loot.
I smell pretty

District before Cambios

No comments:

Post a Comment