Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015: "Hermana, why is there no Taco Bell here?"


HI TO MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!! Everyone looks great and sounds like they are having a great time!! Kennedy, your EFY C.O.W.s are really cute. Good pick. Good luck Maddie with your NCLEX. You will do great, don’t sweat. Mom and Dad, your emails kill me. I am still laughing about the purse. I really miss you two people. But anyways, I’m glad all is well at home. As for the USU Nursing school change, everything will work out. I will figure it out when I get home. For now, we will just keep swimming.

This week was good! We had a few problems with Ricardo´s work and his baptism, long story short - THIS WEEK!!!!! It is a done deal now. He has the day off ha-ha. He was so worried about it; I thought he was going to cry. But we are ready to roll now. Mundo is progressing really well and seems super happy at church. This week´s cool experience was with the primary and their activity of a "Day in the Mission." We took them out to visit families with kids and sing that one primary song that goes, "How could the Father show the world...." who knows what it is in English, I can’t remember. In Spanish it’s Mandó a Su Hijo. So..."He Sent His Son"??? I think that’s what it is called. Anyways, and they cited the 4th article of faith. We have an investigator who has 3 kids; she never really got excited about coming to church on Sundays and always canceled on coming. We decided to take advantage of the activity and visit her. SHE CAME TO CHURCH!! She was really impressed with the primary, so....that was super cool and sweet. The primary kids were excited that "their" investigator came to church. She really liked it and her kids liked the primary. Her name is Dulce. Funny quote from my comp: Why is there no Taco Bell here? We are in Chihuahua Mexico and they don’t have a Taco Bell. Taco Bell has the little Chihuahua dog...Chihuahua...taco...Mexico. So deceiving!!!!!! We had a good laugh. We are starting the 40 hottest days in Juarez today...here we go!!!! It is bearable! We also have found a great new investigator that was a member reference. She has a lot of potential and is really excited that we are visiting her. Her name is Elizabeth. Well, I’m kind of at a blank right now of what happened in our week now. I really enjoyed the primary activity, so that’s about all I got. We are working hard!

I found a quote, surprise. It’s from this month’s Ensign...I really enjoyed this month’s because it talked about covenants and pioneers a lot. Really, they were such great examples of sacrifice and obedience and love for God. Anyways, the quote is from Elder Nelson:

As we follow Jesus Christ, He will lead us to live with Him and our Heavenly Father, with our families. Through our many challenges of mortality, if we remain faithful to covenants made, if we endure to the end, we will qualify for that greatest of all the gifts of God, eternal life.

There are things more important in this life than anything else. Keeping covenants and being diligent in doing the little things leads us back home and gives us "peace in this world and eternal life in the world to come." I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and He showed that love through His Son. I know that He has a plan for each of our lives and that everything always works out the way it’s supposed to if we keep walking with faith and carry our load with Christ´s help. He is leading us.

I love you all so much and miss you all! Thanks so much for all the love and support you guys give me. I’m so thankful for my wonderful family!! Thanks for your examples, keep up the missionary work. I love you all more than you will ever know. Have a great week!!! Until next time....XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Con todo mi amor,

Hermana Anderton



Hermana Estrada and Anderton

Rio Nilo Branch Primary on "Day in the Mission" Activity.   They Primary went with the missionaries and visited families.

Hermana Anderton and Estrada with their "Primary Companions"

Caught in the rain!  Hermana's Diaz, Anderton and Ferrell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment