Monday, July 27, 2015

July 27, 2015: Ricardo Got Baptized!



HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL DADDY! I will be thinking of you on the 30th and sing "Las Mananitas" which is the classic song of celebration here. Of course, you won’t hear me...but it’s the thought that counts right? 52 never looked so good ;) So proud of Maddie for passing the NCLEX!!! You are an RN!!  I’m so excited for you. Kennedy is just a boy-magnet...stop being so cute. Mom, you sound as ponderous as usual...always thinking about the deep things of life. I love it. Dad, your emails rock! I always love knowing what is going on! Thanks everyone for your wonderful emails. I love you all so much! And the pics made my day! That new ride at Lagoon looks wicked....I will take a whack at it next summer. I might pass out first though ha-ha.

Well....RICARDO GOT BAPTIZED!!! Yay! I’ve never seen him smile as much as he did when he got baptized. His mom and sister came and his mom came to church yesterday. They really liked the baptismal service. Everything went really well and we got it done on the first dunk. We are going to prepare him for his priesthood interview next week and hopefully in 2 weeks he will be good to go. Turns out, his mom knows Hermana Luly Lievano. Small world. Speaking of small world, I met Hermana Clark yesterday. She’s from Colorado and Brady Anderton is in the bishopric in her ward! Anyways, we were really happy on Saturday with Ricardo’s baptism. We are moving along with Dulce really well too, except she’s heading off to Colorado too. So, we are going to figure out all the info to send the missionaries there to her house and get her into a Spanish-speaking ward. She is really receptive and really opened up after the primary activity. Her kids love the church and love singing songs when we come. I’ve learned a lot of primary songs in Spanish lately ha-ha. We have another investigator named Sergio who has problems with alcohol. We decided to crack down on him and talk about the Word of Wisdom. Normally, he has a hard time understanding the lessons, but I’m not sure what happened...but with the Word of Wisdom, he understood it perfectly and knew he had a problem to fix. That’s what happens when the Spirit teaches, miracles happen. We have been busy and hot, I love my mission and I never want to leave. I know that time will come, but for now I’m just going to soak in every minute I have and make the best of it. Time to serve the Lord like this is so limited. It is such a blessing and honor to be a missionary. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :) Everybody should go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, as the Spirit indicates...but seriously. I AM SO GLAD I CAME!!! I miss you guys, but I am super happy and doing great here.

My thought for you guys comes from the O.T.....since that is where I’m reading right now to complete my goal. It’s from Psalms 27:4-5:

 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.
 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

The temple is such a blessing to have close. I miss it so much!! We should always have a current temple recommend and be worthy to enter into the house of our Lord. There are so many questions answered and peace that can be found there. I know that the temples are the House of God and that many blessings will be enjoyed if we attend regularly. We live near a bajillion temples, there is no reason we cannot attend at least once a month, if not once a week. One thing that I will always seek after my mission is to go to the temple!!! I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!! Enjoy the blessings of one nearby! Read Pres. Monsons talk from General Conference April 2015. Here is the link.


Well, I love you all dearly and I hope that you all have a great week! Thanks so much for all your support and love. I have the #1 family in the universe. So proud of you all!!! Have a great week!!!!!!! BESOS!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO until next time.....

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton


 
Ricardo's Baptism!  L to R:  Hermano Benavidas, Ricardo, Hermana's Anderton and Estrada
Ricardo, Hermana's Anderton and Estrada

Fist Pump for her dad...  Pepsi!!!!!


Must be a Lion King thing?????

No comments:

Post a Comment