Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015: One Year in Juarez, Mexico!!!


ONE YEAR IN JUAREZ MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe it!!! Your little girl has survived Juarez Mexico 365 days. ;) I’m glad that you guys enjoyed the birthday photos. Hermana Cisneros was all over the place. She made me put on a party mask and everything ha-ha. When we got to her house for lunch she said, "Rodney’s birthday was the 30th. Let’s send him a pic!" More like 50...ha-ha. Sounds like everyone had a great week, which makes me happy!! I can’t believe it’s time to go school shopping, didn’t school just end? Oh well, that’s the way time goes...it just doesn’t stop for anything.

This week has been great!! Edmundo is getting ready for his baptism this Saturday, he is pretty excited!! And so are we...We had intercambios this week and I left Rio Nilo for a day. That is the 3rd time in almost 11 months that I have left the area to proselyte. I felt sooooooooooo lost. I love my area. I never want to leave it again. I hate not knowing where everything is. Seriously, I know my turf here better than I know my hometown now. But I had a good time and really got to know a great hermana named Hermana C. She is super sweet and doesn’t have a lot of self-confidence....so I spent most of the day complimenting her and trying to get her excited about the work and to realize how big of a blessing it is to be a missionary. She seemed a little more excited at the end of the intercambio. We have headed back to visit Maria de Jesus a few times, she broke my heart. We walked into the disaster we started with. She really took a turn back to where she was. Lluvia, her daughter, is the only one coming to church now. She’s 11. The ward takes good care of her and makes sure she gets to all the activities. Maria said she wants things to be the way they were before when she was going to church. We told her she had to put in her two cents. We are going to attempt to work with her again and help Lluvia with her Faith in God book. I just wish people would understand that the Gospel changes lives when you live it!!!!!! We are going to convert the boyfriend of a less active member and Ricardo’s sister.  They are our other priorities in investigators. We are having a blast and working hard. I really love my companion, she’s chill as a cucumber. Other than that, we have just been talking to a lot of strangers (ha-ha) and inviting everyone to come unto Christ. I love being a missionary and watching the people who are progressing change their lives. They get a new pep in their step. I’m so grateful for the chance that I have to help out my Heavenly Father in His work. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, but one of the most rewarding. I will never regret coming out here!!!!!! I have learned so much and met so many wonderful people. I love Mexico!!! I will come back to visit....that is an absolute must!!!! :) I’m doing great out here, so don’t worry about me. I’m so happy!

Thought for the week from my favorite author, Sheri Dew:

"When we turn our lives over to the Lord, the power behind us is always greater than the obstacles before us."

I know that if we turn our lives over to the Lord, He will make more of us than we ever can imagine!!! So keep calm, pray on, and go with the flow. He has a plan, and even though we may have one that is pretty good...He has a better one. :)

Well, I had better get going. I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week!! Keep up the great work and smiles. I’m so proud of you all. Thanks for all the love and support you give me. I love my family!!!!!!!! Well, until next time....XOXOXOXOXOXO

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton
Happy Birthday to Dad!

I love cows.....

Hermana's Estrada and Anderton

Rio Nilo District with the Hernandez's

Hmmmmm....  Elder Raymond!

She says she did not start it!!

"Sunday Selfie"
One way to get Raegan to stop talking.....  put ice cream in front of her.. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment