Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015: We crashed Richardo's date night!




Hola familia!! You all sound super great and happy!! I can’t believe that we are halfway through September. Well, today we are going to El Centro to buy lots of cool Mexican things. It’s almost Independence Day here, so there are lots of things really cheap down there. I’m pretty stoked. So, I have to hurry so we can be on our way. But thanks so much for all of your emails, I really enjoyed them and had a few good laughs. Thanks for all of your support and love, I really appreciate it!

Yesterday was the dedication of the Mexico City Temple! We got to go to the 11am session via satellite. Elder Holland and Elder Eyring were there. They had live translation, it was super cool to listen to and watch. The talks were amazing!! Elder Holland talked about the sealing power and just how important it is and then bore his testimony at the end in Spanish. Super sweet! I really miss the temple you guys!! I am so jealous that you guys can go!!  Elder Pieper talked about sacrifice and he mentioned my favorite quote from Joseph Smith about sacrifice:

“A religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never
has the power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and
salvation.”

I really like that quote. I know that giving up something that we value and treasure for something that is of greater worth is always worth the price we have to pay. I know that every sacrifice we make for the Lord is one that will help us grow in our faith. We need to be willing to give all to Him that gave us everything...even when it’s hard.

Other than that, it was your average-joe week. We contacted a woman who wanted to know about the tree of life and set an appointment with her. I hope we find her there this week! We crashed Ricardo’s date-night with his girlfriend on accident. To be fair, we had an appointment. We knocked on the door and his girlfriend (non-member) was there and they were watching a movie. Whoops!! But it turned out okay, we taught the Plan of Salvation and we got pizza....ha-ha. We visited some new investigators this week. The son is 28 years old and has an auto-immune disorder and its attacking his liver. They wanted a blessing, so we took the Elders with us and then invited them to listen about the gospel so that they could enjoy more blessings and knowledge in their lives. They accepted! Yay! They have a lot of potential. Ummm, I’m drawing a blank for other events. And we need to get going, so I am going to finish up...

Just know that I love you guys so much and that I’m so grateful for all of the love and support that you guys give me. I love my family!!! I know that the temple is the house of the Lord and that we are so blessed to live where there are so many so close. I am super happy out here and am having a blast and working as hard as I can!! Well, until next week. I love you all!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO I will buy you guys some Mexican things today!!!

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

Internet Cafe'...  writing letters home  ( a little blurry)

Eating lunch in the stairwell... 

No comments:

Post a Comment