Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015: Love You Grandma




Hola familia!! Thanks so much for your emails!! I really appreciated them. Tomorrow we have transfers; my companion is leaving the area and I’m going to receive another Hermana. I don’t know who she is, but she has been out a few months in the mission. I’m really bummed that Hermana Trujillo is leaving, she is super sweet and I really loved being her companion. She is super Christlike...I was hoping I would have at least one more transfer to have it rub off on me ha-ha. But it’s all good; I will have the chance to get to know another companion. I’m a little nervous, I don’t know the area very well and I’m horrible with directions....ha-ha. It will be an interesting week.

This week I learned that there is an African Safari in Puebla, Mexico. I decided I want to go there!! I’ve never really wanted to go to Africa, but I’ve always wanted to go on a Safari. Sooooooo, problem solved. I get to go to my beloved Mexico and get my Safari. Perfect!!! I saw the eclipse of the moon last night and thought of Dad!! It was awesome!! We found new people to teach this week and it’s been great. It’s been an eye opener in my mission to see that we really have the answers to the tough questions in life through the Gospel.

Well, right now I’m a little speechless; I’m still trying to digest a bit that Grandma is going to be gone in the next little while. So I can’t really get myself to write much. It feels weird though, because on Saturday I told my companion that something was off at home because I could feel it. When I saw the emails today, I understood why. It’s interesting how the Spirit can indicate things to us. Anyways, I know that Grandma Anderton will be really excited to see Grandpa again. I have no doubt that she has a one-way ticket to heaven. She was an example to everyone!! She always had just the right words and had lots of wisdom. I loved to talk with her about my deepest questions and concerns because she always said what I needed to hear. I will always cherish my memories of taking care of her on the weekends, especially when I lived with her the last 6 weeks before my mission. Best 6 weeks of my life!!! I will always be thankful that I got time to serve and get to know my exemplary Grandmother. She taught me to have a little more faith and really blessed us all with her laugh and love. She taught me so much and I’m so grateful that I could learn from her. She left a great heritage for me to follow and I am so thankful for her. Heaven will receive a truly special spirit soon. She was an angel here on earth. I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!!

I will just leave you with a scripture. Mosiah 16:8

 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.

I love you all so much!! I wish I could be there to give you all a big hug!! Thanks for all the support and love you give me!! I will be okay here, don’t worry about me. XOXOXOXO until next week...


Con todo mi amor,

Hermana Anderton

Hermana's Trujillo, Anderton on early morning run in Nuevo Casas Grandes!

No comments:

Post a Comment