Monday, September 7, 2015

September 7, 2015: 10 Commandments!




Hola familia!! Everyone sounds fabulous! The concert looked really fun, glad you guys enjoyed it. Thanks for the football updates. I can’t believe that BYU game it sounds like it was crazy! I love football ha-ha. Thanks so much for your letters everyone, I really appreciate them!! Feeling the love over here:) Ha, I miss you guys, thanks so much!

This week was good. The temps are starting to drop a little bit, but I still feel like I’m in a....ummmm....sarten???? The thing you cook eggs with. I am drawing a blank for the word. The sun just burns!! I’m looking more and more like a California chick....or a lobster. Not sure which ha-ha. Anyways, as you guys could see from my pics, we went to visit the animal exhibit at the university in our area, our branch president took us. I was pretty stoked about the bear. Edmundo received the Aaronic Priesthood this Sunday and is progressing really well. He has a Book of Mormon to share and is reading everything he can get his hands on. He loves everything. I’m so glad that Heavenly Father helped us find him. He is still awestruck from the Stake Conference last week. He won’t stop talking about it. This week with Dulce, we taught a primary class. Her kids wanted to invite their friends they were playing with outside to listen to us, too. So, we adapted the teaching to the kids ha-ha. We taught the 10 commandments with hand signals to teach them. Funny quotes:

-"What is commandment number six?" (hand signal)
- "Oh I know!!!! No volverás a matar!" (You won’t kill again)
- "Ummmm you shouldn’t ever do it ha-ha"

Another one:

- "What is the 10th commandment?" (hand signal that has you wiggling all ten fingers)
- "Oh! No hechizaras!" (You won’t cast spells)
- "Almost...."

Kids crack me up; love the 10 commandments they made!!!!

So yeah, that was fun. We found a few new investigators this week; they are really interested in what happens after this life because a friend of theirs just died. They had some strange beliefs, but they willingly accepted what we told them. I’m just so grateful that I know these things.

I’ve been thinking a lot about keeping the commandments and why it’s so hard for us sometimes. I think it’s because we justify not keeping them because of our circumstances. But Dulce told us a story that I won’t forget. I don’t know if I’ve already told you guys...but here it is, it happened to her a few years ago. She had just separated from her husband and had a baby and her 3 year old son. She didn’t have a job and was running out of money to buy milk, food, and diapers. She told her friend, who robbed semi-trucks and sold the products, that she was desperate. He invited her to tag along with him to make some money. She knew she wasn’t supposed to steal but she was desperate. She prayed that night and said, "Heavenly Father, I need a job tomorrow. I need money now. I don’t want to steal, but I can’t watch my kids starve either. So if you don’t let me have a phone call from one of the jobs I’ve applied for, I’m heading out with my friend tomorrow at 7pm to rob and get the money I need." At 11am the next morning, she had a phone call and received a job. She told us that she knows Heavenly Father listens to prayers and helps us to keep His commandments. And she is right!!!! We all know the scripture from Nephi:

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

I know that is true!! So let’s strive to always demonstrate our love for Heavenly Father and keep His commandments. We will be at peace with ourselves and receive all the blessings and help we will ever need.

Well, I love you all!! Hope that you all have a great week!!!! I’m doing great here and am so happy I came! Until next time...XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton


The Branch President to Hermana's Estrada and Anderton to the local university to view an animal exhibit







Hermana's Estrada and Anderton

No comments:

Post a Comment