Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2, 2015: I'm the Cream of the Crap.........



Hola familia!! Como están!! Muchas gracias por sus correos!!!! I know I am getting really bad at writing, but really I’m just pooped out of doing it ha-ha. But I really appreciate your emails!!!!! Sounds like it was a crazy Halloween, I can’t believe the amount of candy you guys gave out!!!!! Glad all is well at home. Tell Caprice congrats and that I look forward to her wedding and meeting her future husband!!!!

This week was great!!! Funny things first: I was teaching Hermana Reynoso phrases in English. I was teaching her: I’m the cream of the crop. She didn’t pronounce it right, and said: I’m the cream of the crap. I about died laughing. When I told her what she said, we were both laughing so hard we almost were crying. Yesterday, we found a woman in the street that was crying. We went up to talk to her, and at first she just asked if we had tissues and kept crying. Her name is Paula. We waited a few minutes while she cried....then when she finally looked at me; I asked her what the heck she was doing outside in the dark and in cold weather without a jacket. She told us her grandpa had just passed away. Well.....testimony time. I just told her about my experience with Grandma Anderton. Then told her I know that the relationships we have in this life are never over. She thanked us for our words, and we swapped numbers and we took her address. She accepted a visit at the end of the week since they will be busy with the funeral and stuff right now. We met a member’s husband that lives in Alaska, he is familiar with Skagway. So we had a fun chat about Alaska, I love Alaska and all the great memories I have there with you guys. This week Dante was baptized. He is the son of a less active member we have been working with. She is active now....yay!!! Dante wanted us to have a part in his baptism, so we threw it together really fast for the weekend. We ran out of gas.....so we have had to shower in cold water the past few days. We called the offices to send us gas, but the people never came. I’m marching down to the gas office today to tell them that I want gas now. It’s been kind of an adventure....it’s funny....and it builds character....and it’s good for your hair....but yeah, I’m kind of sick of cold water ha-ha. Other than that, just talking to everyone about our message and inviting everyone. Elba is progressing really well and came to church on Sunday. She loves everything!! She gave us lots of food the other day and perfume before we left her house. It was super sweet. Paulina also came to church. We are going to set a baptismal date on Wednesday. Our less active family with a future missionary also came to church.....yay!!! So yeah, I’m going to keep rolling, time is flying by!!

My thought for you guys comes from a quote I saw on a notebook this week of a missionary:

"Heavenly Father knows you best of all, knows your talents and strengths, as well as your weaknesses. He has placed you here on the earth at this time to develop and refine these characteristics. I promise you He will help you."

I’m not sure who said it...but I love it!!! It is true. He knows us best. He will help us with all we do. I know we have an all knowing and loving Heavenly Father. We can all trust in Him.

Well, I’m tired of writing ha-ha. So that’s all for the week!! I love you all sooooooooooooooooo much and miss you all lots! Thanks for the love and support!! I have been blessed with an amazing family!!!!!!! I’m doing great down here and am loving every minute of my mission, even the cold showers. I’m so happy I came. Thanks so much for supporting me!!! Well, have a great week!!!!! Until next time.....XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton
Hermana Anderton, Dante and Hermana Reynoso

Hermana Reynoso and Anderton

Hermana Anderton and Reynoso


Casas Grandes Trio!  Anderton, Reynoso and Garcia



No comments:

Post a Comment