Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014: The Saturday of Psychos



First of all HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!! 26 years....that's a long time. And onto eternity we go right? Also, something to add to my packing list: Not Cetaphil....I want Noxema because my face is always a little burned. And can I have some Skittles? Anyways, that story about Kennedy with the cops is super funny! I remember my first time I got in trouble at the park, I thought you guys were going to kill me too. Ha-ha, good thing we have good parents!! And Kennedy, it probably won't be the last time something like that happens to you. Don't sweat it. :) I was wondering if I could get family conversion stories with names and dates. I want to share those with people and the only one I know is Robert Allen's. I did go buy new shoes, I think they were around $70...I hope that was okay. I wanted a good pair. They are working well and I switch them off with my others so my blisters aren't as bad.

This week was CRAZY!! I mean it...we had what I call "The Saturday of Psychos." We were literally running away from crazy drunk men at 2 in the afternoon. We were waiting for the other Hermanas to go to lunch with a member and we were waiting on the corner of a convenience store when it all started. We literally were running around the block to avoid all these weird guys who wanted to talk to the American missionaries. We were laughing pretty hard by the end because it felt like we couldn't escape them! They were everywhere. Oye, only in Juarez. But it's all good, don't sweat it too much! I don't feel unsafe here because we follow the Spirit and are cautious. I'm not worried at all about it! I met one of the Mitton's cousins here! His name is Elder Robbins, small world! Carlos was baptized on Saturday, he was the other Hermanas investigator, but it was still good! There is a lady here in my Ward who is just like Mrs. McDowell! She even looks like her! We went to visit her house and she was crazy funny and just did the most random things! I sat there most of the time trying to decide who she reminded me of, and then it clicked. I get a kick out of her. We moved into our new house!! Oh it's so cute! It's the perfect missionary house. I don't have the address, next week...I promise!!! When we were moving in, it was 8:30 at night and dark...and then the lights weren't working because the lady who owns the house didn't pay the bill!!! So, we got candles and just unpacked the stuff we needed for the night. The things you experience on the mission....speaking of fun things; the buses here are INSANE! I don't like it when I have to stand up on them because I really struggle to keep my footing. We go on them every once in a while to meetings, but every time is an adventure! I love my companion so much! She is so awesome and we have so much in common! But, we also have differences to keep life interesting. She is very patient with me and has been so helpful with everything. I am so lucky to have had her as a companion! We have found a few good investigators now, so I think we are getting into the mode of things! I'm controlling the weather down here with my prayers, so the days may start off pretty hot but then a storm or clouds roll in about 3 or 4pm ha-ha.

Well, last night I was thinking about how much I needed to tell you something, and now I'm at a loss...so I guess that's it. We have so much to be thankful for! I have definitely learned how blessed I am! Enjoy the little things in life like hot showers people! Oh, ps...Do you think I look like Lana del Rey?? I've been told that now multiple times but I don't see it!!!! Anyways...I love you all so much and look forward to your emails every week! I have the best family in the entire world!!! I am doing fine so don't worry about this person here! I pray for you guys all the time and hope all continues to be well at home! I was really super sad to hear about John, I will continue to keep him and the family in my prayers. :'(

Love you all and have a great week!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Hermana Anderton


Note:  Raegan only sent one picture this week, but I "re-posted" a few which were on Sister Sutton's blog. I hope that was ok :>)


Ward braid party!

Carlos's Baptism

Making Friends

Juarez Missionaries

Nighttime Juarez

Hmmmm.....  

15 years of piano lessons being put to the test!

The "Pillow Room" at the MTC.  I guess its the missionaries idea of a jumping gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment