Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August 5, 2014: Hello from Juarez



Hola everyone!  I wanted to let you all know how my first day went! It's crazy here a little bit...there are a million people everywhere. I realized I don't know a bit of Spanish. I can read it okay, but when people talk to me...I get soooo lost because they speak super-duper fast. I love mi companera, seriously she is exactly as awesome as she sounds in her blog!!! She is super patient and a great teacher! I am so glad Hermana Sutton is my companion!! It’s my little security blanket. We had our first adventure last night sleeping on the roof underneath the stars...which we couldn’t see very well with all the lights. I’m basically in Juarez.  We are opening a new area and so we have no idea where we are going all the time, ha-ha. It’s muy chistoso. Cuando fuimos a la super mercado, nos perdimos por una hora. en serio!!!!! We carried our groceries all over town and laughed the whole time. It’s super-hot here, I am DYING! Pero esta bien por que yo quiero estar aqui. I was able to write today because we were supposed to send a better email...so from now on you can just live for Mondays :) Don’t worry about me I’ve got the best comp ever and so I think I will survive. It’s a bit of a culture shock, we have so much to be grateful for...but the people here are so loving. Please pray for Carlos...he was my first lesson. I had no idea what was going on...but he needs prayers. So anyhow, I am alive and well. I think that’s it. I will write you later. 

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0 Hermana Anderton

MTC Final Picture

Room with a view. Dad's best guess is looking South East

Night Time Juarez

Hey, I can see the Temple......

Hermana Anderton and Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment