Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014: "Como no. Si, yo creo."



Hey all of you fine-looking family! How is life? I really enjoyed your emails; they always put a smile on my face. Kennedy, I was dying laughing at the computer. Really, I could hear you saying it to me.....but just one thing....don't hurt Maximus again. I am kidding; it's your car now anyway.

Well, this week was great! I have been studying the Plan of Salvation, with a focus on the Atonement. I have really wanted to change to become the person Heavenly Father needs me to be, but it's super hard! There is so much work to do ha-ha. I have a perfectionist attitude (thanks Mom ;)) and have really been stooped by my inability to do everything perfectly the way I want to. But, I really have learned how to use the power of the Atonement in my life to be able to do that and to have patience with myself. I know that the Atonement can help us change for the better. It can help us overcome our trials and desafios (que es la palabra en ingles? quien sabe!). My favorite hymn in the entire world has become my theme in my life here (I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go). I always think about it and how I really want to do what Heavenly Father wants me to do, nothing more and nothing less. He is giving me every opportunity to change out here and I'm going to take it. There was a quote that President Christofferson used in General Conference last fall that I think sums up my desires about who I want to be:

 "We have enough women that are tough; we need more women who are tender. There are enough women who are course; we need more women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need more women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed, we need more goodness. We have enough vanity, we need more virtue. We have enough popularity, we need more purity."

We set a baptismal date with a hermana named Coti. She is in her late 70's. Her son is a member and has been trying to talk to her about the church for quite some time. She has cycled through many missionaries without much of a breakthrough. Her problem is that she never feels "ready." Finally, one day after she bore a beautiful testimony to us about how she has seen many miracles in her life, I told her, "Look, you believe in miracles. I believe in miracles. I believe that Heavenly Father can prepare you by the 20th of December to be baptized. Do you believe He has the power to do that?" She looked at me and said, "Como no. Si, yo creo." And so there it was!! I am super happy for her. I am praying she will continue in this course because she is a lovely lady of faith! We didn't have a whole lot of lessons this week because Hermana Ramirez was sick Tuesday and Wednesday (oh how I hate being cooped up in the house ha-ha). We had a meeting with all the missionaries this week on Friday. It was a really motivating meeting. The President is really awesome and is all about obedience and efficiency. I walked out of there ready to take on the world! (Otra vez ha-ha).

Well, my time is up. Gotta go and love you all soooooo much! Sorry that was a short report of my week, but that's the highlight reel.

Con todo de mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

Elders Luna, Smith (MTC), Hermana Anderton, Ramirez at a Mission Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment