Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014: "I look like Hagred from Harry Potter"



Hello familia! Your emails are awesome! I am glad to hear that everyone is doing alright and is enjoying their Hermana Anderton-less lives. Ha-ha no se crean ;) But really, I am happy that all is well for you. That's so crazy that Meghan and Marissa are home! Thanks for the family history things; they are just what I needed! Okay one item of business, December 13 is going to be our big missionary Christmas choir concert here in Juarez at the El Paso del Norte building. I am super excited!!! You can check out the building online, it's super nice! We are going to sing with investigators too, it will be super special. STOKED!!!! And Mom, you are one inspired woman, this week temperatures dropped and it was time to pull out the coats. I didn't have my package yet so I found a coat in the closet at the house to use. It was rather large, but worked for the 48 hours I needed it until I got my package. Thank goodness you sent it because according to Elder Temple, I looked like Hagred from Harry Potter in the coat I found in the closet...que amable. Thanks so much for that package so I now look cute instead of like Hagred. I loved the Nutella especially ;) Oh one more item of business, they are now requesting that you put a printed list of things that are in the package in the package so when they cross the border with them, it is easier. No biggie really...just type up a list and say what's in there and we are good to go :)

Okay let's see, this week I discovered my obsession with the moon. It was full and HUGE one night when we were walking to a cita. I told Hermana Ramirez that we needed to stop and just enjoy it for one minute....so yes, I stood on a street corner for 60 wonderful seconds just soaking in the view and Heavenly Father's creations. I love the night sky. (Thanks Dad ;)) I have really learned to enjoy the little things in life and how to take a breather, there is so much to be grateful for and see in this world!

The Elders had a baptism this week that was super special, a brother baptized his paraplegic sister! What they had to do was carry her into the font and have 2 people there to help baptize her. The poor thing had to be dunked twice because her dress kept floating on top of the water. The second time, they stuffed her down in the water for a good 10 seconds. Hermana Ramirez, me, and Jackie Leivano sang a special musical number at the service too. I've really had to get over my fear of singing in front of people because I really have no choice. We brought Yoeli, one of our investigators, with us and she really enjoyed the service. She is 19, only one month older than me, and is expecting her third baby next month! I think she will be baptized soon because she has every desire to do what is right....she is so sweet, we just need to help her get some confidence in her answer and get her married to her basically-husband. He is taking the lessons too and he talks about his baptism like it's a sure thing in the future. We have a family home evening with la familia Benavides con ellos hoy. I am pretty excited for it!

My thought for all of you is this: "Be kind. Be grateful God is kind." Too often, we are quick to become annoyed, angry, or upset with people around us when they do something that bothers us. Or we are too busy in our own lives to recognize opportunities to help others. We need to love and show love to everyone because that is what Heavenly Father does for us. He is always quick to forgive, and always grants us forgiveness every time we ask for it. He loves us no matter what, and He loves us all. Let's show our gratitude by trying our best to do as He has asked and loving everyone.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Con todo de mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

Hermana Ramirez and Anderton with their Book of Mormon stash!

Raegan has a new coat!!!   Bring on the cold.....

No comments:

Post a Comment