Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014: "The Work Here is Eternal"



Hi!!!! I loved all your letters! You all make me feel so special! I can't believe it’s Thanksgiving this week. Kennedy already promised to take care of my food portions by eating for the both of us...so I feel much better ha-ha :) It sounds like everyone is doing well and is happy. That brings me a lot of happiness, too. I like that you guys are busy and living your lives, because I am doing the same here! I did end up buying some winter gear...should have been around $200 dollars :/  I needed Under Armour to sleep in and to put under my skirt, tights aren't enough. I also bought boots, gloves, etc. Nothing too exotic, but what I needed to be warm.

Well, this week miracles were abundant. A family we are teaching came to church for the first time, and for the entire 3 hours. Normally people don't stay and only come to sacrament meeting. People, I am teaching a complete family!!!!!! The wife, Elisa, is as prepared as they come. She loves the Book of Mormon and really thirsts to learn more. Her husband, however, has a lot of doubts about religion in general and really has a difficult time accepting the Prophet. However, I think we finally had a breakthrough with him on Saturday night with some Mormon messages so he actually came to church!! They have 2 little girls; they remind me of Madison and me when we were little. They are so cute and love to play and sing with us. I see a lot of potential in their family, and so I have a lot of hope! This week we had intercambios and I was with a Hermana who came to Juarez at the same time as me. She said she was blown away by my Spanish because she remembered the first night in the hotel when we communicated by pointing and hand motions only. We had a good laugh. We visited someone in their area who is the wife of the patriarch; she is super cute and really, really old. She reminded me of the people I used to work with at Highland Hills. We sang her Christmas hymns and she fell right asleep. We also had a training meeting with the President this week for those who are going to train, it blew me away. He said if there is anything you want to change about yourself, you better get it done out here in the mission field because this shapes our lives. I started to think about all the things I want to do better and thought: Oh no, I don't have enough time ha-ha. But really, the mission field is a great opportunity to learn and grow, it's like no other! I am so glad I made the choice to come out here!!! I actually read an article this week, it was in the Mexico Liahona and I can't find the link to share with you guys...dang it. But basically it said that the seeds we plant in ourselves and others out here have eternal consequences. THE WORK HERE IS ETERNAL!! The person who wrote it was an area 70 and shared the conversion story of his parents that was so beautiful. Many years later, he hunted down one of the missionaries and got to meet him, it was such a sweet story. But the thing that caught my attention was the end....

Summary and translation of what he said at the end was: If there is any young man or woman who is wondering whether or not they should go on a mission, get on your knees and ask the Lord what he wants you to do. He will give you the answer that is best for your personal progression and will have eternal consequences, which is a sure promise. Heavenly Father will never ask anything of us that isn't for our benefit and growth because he loves us more than we can ever understand.

I bawled when I read it! I tore it out of the magazine and put it in my scriptures! It reminded me of my choice to come out here. Everyone was giving me their opinions and I was super confused. I finally came to the conclusion there was only one person I needed to counsel with in the end, and that was Heavenly Father...and after that I realized I already knew what I wanted/needed to do. I remember that clear as day! Long story short, I am so happy here and know that this is where I am supposed to be!! I also testify that if we counsel with Heavenly Father in all things, He will always lead us in the right way and we will be happy. Of that I am sure! Trust Him always!!

I love you all so much and miss you all. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving and gobble till you wobble! Challenge: List 100 real things you are grateful for. Love you all sooooo much!! Tell everyone hi! XOXOXO

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Anderton

No comments:

Post a Comment