Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014: "Vamos a orar por exito!"



Hi everyone! Sounds like you are all doing great and getting excited for Christmas break. Ahhh, it doesn't look a thing like Christmas here so I still can't believe it's just around the corner! I'm glad to hear that everyone is happy!
Well, this week was definitely one I will never forget. At some points I did not know if I should laugh or cry ha-ha. Luckily, I only cried once really hard and let it all out, prayed, and then I just chose to laugh at the rest. When we moved into our new house, we found it filthy dirty without light, gas, warm water, and to top it off at that minute...our new cellphone did not function. I wanted to just sit and eat a jar of Nutella at that point ha-ha. I was standing in that front room going, "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING AND THIS IS THE ONE THING I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT!!!!" But really, I learned to apply the scripture that says not to worry about where you will sleep when preaching the gospel...no worries though, the tender mercy is that the other Hermanas live right below us in the apartments so we just moved in with them for the week while we have been trying to fix the house problem that we have. So in the end, it wasn't that big of a deal. Oh my, it's a crazy house with 4 hermanas. As for the phone, I just had to remind myself that missionaries navigated and communicated without them in the past so we would be fine. And now it's working so WOOHOO!!! My journal entries from this week are hilarious; I can't wait to read them to you guys. Oh my goodness, I have rock solid abs from laughing so much this week at my situations. They make for a good story.

We started from ground 0 with investigators since we are opening an area. As a result, we talked with EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the street. It was pretty fun. I really am getting over my fear of approaching random people in the street. I used to be a little timid and have to talk myself into it every time, but now it's becoming instinct. It's also a lot easier since we have the "He Is the Gift" initiative. We just do a survey to see what comes first to everyone's mind when we say "Navidad" and then invite them to investigate the real meaning of Christmas with us and to come unto Christ. We had interesting experiences on Saturday; a woman actually literally ran away from us to her house, I didn't think we were being that insistent. We had talked to a billion people it felt like, so finally I pulled my new companion, Hermana Zepeda (she is really a serious person and doesn't talk or smile much, but she has a really really strong testimony and is really obedient! And once you break through her rock-solid wall and talk to her, she is actually really funny, too. I think we are going to get along just fine.), over to the side and said, "Vamos a orar por exito!" So we prayed for success in finding someone and within the next 5 minutes someone accepted!!! Hallelujah! I am a believer of prayers....especially this week I have become convinced of their power.
Our Christmas concert was amazing! I loved it! We sounded like a herd of cows, but I think the Spirit was still there. I saw the Patlans in the crowd, oh how they make me happy!!!! I also really love performing, so I felt right at home on the stage. It was fun to do something familiar. Hmmm que mas, oh I gave a shot to Hermana Ramirez yesterday...I have photos but forgot my camera cord today. I am keeping up my skills ha-ha.
This week was a very testing week for me, but I have never ever felt so much the influence of the Spirit in my life. I just really had to let go and give the reins over to the Holy Ghost for what we should do. I really am a firm believer that God never leaves His missionaries alone, EVER, and comes quickly to their aide. I had a firm answer one night when I was laying wide awake thinking, "WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING???" that said, "Let me make you who you are." I know that we should be grateful for our trials and for all the opportunities that our Heavenly Father gives us to grow. Often times, the easiest way is not the best way for us to grow. I know that I am doing my darn best so I don't feel bad anymore. Furthermore, the Atonement of Christ gives us an enabling power to accomplish things we can't even imagine possible. We exercise the power of repentance through the atonement all the time, but I think this week I finally learned how to utilize the empowerment of the Atonement. I will forever be grateful for the gift that our Father in Heaven gave us, the best one we will ever receive, His Beloved Son, Jesus the Christ.
I am happy and living the dream, being stretched a little ha-ha, oh mannnnnn, but I am happy. I love you all and hope that you all have a great week :)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO You are all the best, I am so blessed to have such an amazing family!!!!
Con Todo de Mi Amor,
Hermana Anderton

No comments:

Post a Comment