Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015: I'm just applying the Pokémon theme




Hey all! It was great talking to you on Skype! You all look smashing!!  I just love you all sooooo much! But I love the Lord too, so I'm just fine out here. Wow, I can't believe Maddie will be a married woman on June 12th! :) And Kennedy is growing up so fast! Mom and Dad, you both still look young as ever ;) I love the Spanish language! Actually, we were reading something in English and the word "intersperse" showed up...but I read it as a Spanish word and was trying to figure out what it was. I thought it was some reflexive verb and was super confused why it was in the English text...then I realized that it wasn't a Spanish word. Oh cielos!!!

Well, this week I just had to "Keep Calm and Preach the Gospel" (Ehhh, shout out to Mike and Kristi for their awesome package, loved it…especially the bookmark ha-ha). We didn't have a lot of success with investigators, but success is on its way! I can feel it! We are trying super hard and I know that the Lord will bless our efforts. I'm just applying the Pokémon theme: GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!!!! So, we just talk to everyone and ask everyone for references. We found Claudia again, finally, and were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation!! She is progressing, slowly, but progressing. We did have some really cool experiences with menos activos in the ward this week. Two of them are old women who live alone; oh it broke my heart visiting them because they are sooo lonely!!! :( All 6 of the missionaries went to go visit Hna. Hinojosa together and we brought her some food that didn't need cooked because she has been living without gas for a week in this cold weather!! Right before we left, she asked the Elders if they could give her a blessing to help her not be sad. She knew that a blessing would help her feel better. What faith! She also said she was sure that a league of angels had entered into her house and had lifted her spirits. I started to cry, oh my goodness, I just wanted to take her to our house! Another visit happened when we were trying to contact references without any luck. I had Hermana Irene come to my mind randomly, but I could not remember in the least bit where she lived, nor did I know her very well because I've only seen her once for 5 minutes...but her face came to my mind! Before my mind could catch up with my body, we had taken a left-hand turn and found ourselves in front of her house. I recognized it and we knocked on the door. We had a good visit and asked for references. When we left, she started to cry and said she knew that Heavenly Father was listening to her prayers because we showed up. It's amazing to see how the Spirit can direct the work of the Lord so perfectly. I am certain that Heavenly Father is always looking out for His children and will find the means necessary to help them out...ALWAYS!

Well, my spiritual thought for you guys is about the prophet. I've been reading General Conference talks still, and have been re-surprised by what I've found. A story of service about President Monson made me really think. He had given the very shoes off his feet in Germany when they went to visit there right after all the problems they had, and he flew home in his house slippers. I couldn't help but think, if a man who will serve his fellow-men like that is not a prophet of God, then I would be blown away. I know that from President Monson, we receive untainted guidance from the Lord. That man IS a prophet of God.

I hope that you all have a great week and are loving the snow! It's getting really cold down here, but I know in 6 months I will be melting from the heat...so I will try to enjoy the cold on my face ha-ha. Oh the adventures of a mission, I will never have another experience like this one for sure! I'm living the dream.

I love you all soooooo much! Please remember that!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Con todo de mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

Raegan listened to a lot of "Journey" with her dad.   She found the mother ship!

Keeping warm with Hermana Zepeda

Juarez is a little cold.....

Taking a break in the playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment