Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015: I think Juarez is a bit different than Wyoming


Hello beautiful family! I'm glad you got the package!! I hope you guys enjoyed the Mexican treats, they are amazing right? Good job Mom on finishing memorizing The Living Christ. And the rest of you??? Hmmm. Good luck to Kennedy at State this week, you will do wonderful! And have fun picking out your dress Maddie! Pick the poofiest one you can find...ha-ha. I'm kidding. Let's not look like a white fuzz ball at your wedding. It's not 1988 after all. (Hehehehe, Mom :)) Oh, and a very happy birthday to Grandma Russell!!!!

This week was great, as are all the others. I really like my companion, she is a hard worker. I think Juarez is a bit different than Wyoming, but she's taking it like a champ and adjusting well. We had a really cool experience this week with an investigator. We got to Antonia's house and her two cousins were there too. She had just finished reading Alma 32 and was ranting all about how beautiful it was to her cousins. She kept repeating, "Faith is like a tree. We have to keep watering it!" Her cousins starting asking us questions and we got into a good conversation. At some point, one of them said, "Well, I think all the churches are true and come from God. Everything that's good comes from Him." Well, that's half-true. Before I realized what I was saying I said, "Well, that's not exactly right." and was flipping open my Bible to Eph. 4:5. They asked how they could know which church was true. Then we explained that there was a young boy in the 1800's that had the same question, and taught them about the Restoration. When we asked them at the end what they thought of all of that, they just said, "Wow!" So, we got their addresses and passed them along so the missionaries in their area could teach them. They were a little floored, but they said they felt really good. THE SPIRIT PEOPLE!!!

Maria de Jesus has hit a couple of road bumps, but I'm not too worried. She knows it's true. I think Jaquelyn might get baptized before her mom, but we will see if we can iron out the wrinkles we have going on. She invited her neighbor to come with us to church, but he didn't want to. She was upset he didn't want to come. She said, "He really could use help. I know he would feel more at peace if he would go." Ah, drives me crazy, she loves the church and does everything...she just has that darn man in Sonora. We are just going to pray and let the Lord take care of it. She told us the other day, "It's like magic when you come to my house." I'll tell you what that magic is: The happiness that the gospel brings into our lives!

Anyways, this week I've just really been thinking about how blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives. I've really noted this week how unhappy some people are, and it's because they are either not living it, or they don't know about it. I wake up every morning with a smile on my face and am always humming happy songs, because I'm happy!!!! Sure, I have had a few surprises in my life and there are many more to come, and yes the mission is work, work, work...but I'm happy. We are so lucky to know what we know, and have this blessing in our lives.

My thought for you guys comes from Romans 12:2. It says:

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The world is changing fast! I know I'm in my mission bubble, but I can sense it. Standards are falling, "exceptions" are frequent, and we are starting to depend on our own wisdom instead of the guidance of God. Our “tolerance” cannot find us failing to stand up for what we believe in. NO, IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY!!! May we take the stand, be firm, and be examples. We read about Captain Moroni this week. Let's be bold like him, and not conform to the trends of the world. We do have to live in it, I'm not suggesting we run into the mountains and cut ourselves off from civilization. I'm suggesting we get our noses in our scriptures, become more fervent in our prayers, build unshakeable testimonies, and stand up for what we believe. There is a world out there waiting for us!

I love you all and miss you soooooooo much! I hope that you all have a great week and that all goes well. Enjoy state, enjoy spring break, and love the life you live. We are all living the dream!!! XOXOXOXOXO Till next week!

 
Con todo de mi amor,

Hermana Anderton

No comments:

Post a Comment