Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015: It's So Simple A Child Can Understand It!

Hello family!! I hope that you are all doing great! I'm so proud of Kennedy! State Champs!!! Great job!!! :) I'm so happy for you. I love Madison's dress. It's beautiful! You will be a stunning bride!!! Only 2 1/2 months until the wedding! Wow, I remember when it was 6 months away. Sheesh, life rolls on without a stop! I'm going to hit my halfway mark this Wednesday, I can't believe it! I feel like I just walked away from the car and didn't turn back to see you guys to enter the MTC yesterday. But then there are some things that feel like eternity ago ha-ha. So, time is an odd item to understand. So, I figure to just enjoy the moment you're in with all your heart.

Well, we worked hard this week and the weather is warming up. Except one day, we got soaked in the rain! I might as well have not showered that morning. Hmm, I'm really becoming an old timer because I am running out of things to say ha-ha. I am really happy in my mission and am learning so much! We talk with a million people every day! I've been in this area for almost 6 months; I'm starting to recognize some of the people in the street. I have a million friends now. I figure even if they don't accept our message, they are still my friends. I'm getting better at remembering people from off the street by name, so that way they feel more special. Maria de Jesus gave me a skirt this week that she didn't fit in anymore. It’s really pretty. We were about to leave her house after an appointment and she said, "Wait, I have something for you!" She went to her room and started shuffling with things and then came out with a blue flower-printed skirt. She told me she used to be small like me, but has since gained some weight and wanted to give it to me "with all the love in her heart." She could have sold it for money, but she just gave it to me. I love that woman! Please keep her in your prayers. She really loves the church and is changing so much! She is progressing; she is just battling a bit with accepting that she's ready for baptism. She always keeps her commitments and is so happy. When I met her, she didn't even smile. Now she's got a whole new light in her eyes and talks about how all the questions she has ever had in life are getting answered in the church. We put a baptismal date with Antonia for the 16th of May. She learns a little slow, but loves the Book of Mormon and always asks for more scriptures to be left with her. We just want to leave a chapter or 2, and she ends up reading like 5 or 6. She says it's amazing to her because she can understand it and can remember what she read. That's the power of the Book of Mormon, the doctrines of Christ: simplified and put into example. It doesn't speak in riddles. (Okay, 2 Nephi is sometimes a bit different, but I personally still love it ha-ha.) It's so simple a child can understand it! So people with kids, it's not an excuse, read them anyway with your younglings!

Okay remember: MEMORIZE THE LIVING CHRIST DAD, MADDIE, AND KENNEDY!!! Since its Spring Break and y'all will be chilling for the next week, be productive! I want reports next Monday. You will pass it off to Mom, the only person who did it so far. And punto!

Now that I've reminded you guys about the cool challenge I gave you guys to do, here is my spiritual thought for the week. It comes from a talk from David Bednar from 2012. It's called The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality. Here's the link. 

https://www.lds.org/liahona/2012/04/the-atonement-and-the-journey-of-mortality?lang=eng

Anyways, it's a really good talk! I've been thinking a lot about how much I need the enabling power of the atonement in my life. I need His grace because there is no way I could do this without Him. Really, how can any of us do anything without Him? He will make more of us than we ever can. We all have disabilities, and He can turn those into strengths (Ether 12:27). Here's the part I loved about the talk, it speaks for itself:

The enabling power of the Atonement strengthens us to do and be good and to serve beyond our own individual desire and natural capacity.

I know He can help us do more than we ever thought we could!

I love you all so much! I hope you enjoy your vacation! Get ready for General Conference, its coming! (So is my birthday! I'm so happy General Conference is the same day.) Memorize the Living Christ. Well, until next week!!!! Living the dream! XOXOXOXOXOXO

Con todo de mi amor,
Hermana Anderton


Hermana Anderton gets to drive in Juarez!!!
The Lion King...  I'm more interested in the seafood restaurant.. mmm mmmm!

Just like the old Maxima at home....

Maria gave Raegan a dress

Yes, it rains in Juarez sometimes...

She cooks??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment