Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015: Moroni's Promise, or not.......


Okay, first things first!!!! I was not transferred and neither was my companion. We are sticking to the work here in Rio Nilo for the next six weeks! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! I'm so happy that I don't have to pack up my stuff ha-ha. I didn't feel like doing that. And the other thing: great job mom on memorizing the Living Christ!! As for the rest of you...I think you guys can see my facial expression right now. Where are your reports?!?!?!?! I hope that you're all trailing along nicely too. Everyone sounds happy and semi-healthy, keep up the great work! When is Spring Break for you guys? I am super excited to see Maddie's wedding dress :) I want photos of everything she tries, and you can't buy it until I have my opinion stated with the choices. My sister has to look mighty fine for her wedding!

Hmm, this week was great! (They always are!) But here's the funny of the week first. So we have an investigator named Antonia who was super interested in the Book of Mormon. SUPER-DUPER interested. It's all she wanted to talk about. So we left here Moroni's promise to read in Chapter 10. When we came back, she told us she was very disturbed and super confused why we left that part of the book to read. We asked her why and what happened. She then opened her book and said, "There are a lot of ugly things. I started in 10 like you wanted me to and went until the mark you put." Well, in the Spanish scriptures, Chapter 9 verse 10 is on the left page at the beginning and chapter 10 is at the end on the right. She read from Chapter 9 verse 10 until Chapter 10...oh man! She read about the destruction of the Nephite nation and all of the ugly ways people were dying. I started laughing and told her the mark was where she was supposed to start reading. She laughed too. No wonder she was so confused and a little bit shocked ha-ha. 

Maria has back-peddled pretty hard about her baptism this week. Her boyfriend who lives in Sonora...like 4 hours from here...doesn't want to get married. But he helps her out with money and stuff, so she doesn't really want to break up with him. Dang it, drop him woman! She told us she wasn't sure if she could change anymore. We told her change wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible. We then reviewed all of the blessings she is seeing in her life as she has kept the commitments. She said she would keep listening and keep preparing but lost a lot of animo. I was devastated!!!! I don't think I've ever had my heart break like that before. But then we had Stake Conference this week, and I think it might have saved her vision of baptism. A recent convert spoke about his experience, and it was PERFECT!!!!! I felt a huge sigh of relief when we went to a lesson with her on Sunday night. We had planned to talk about following the prophet, but she refused to focus on that and only wanted to talk about the testimony of the recent convert. She kept talking about how beautiful the stake conference was and how much she loves the people of the church. She then recommitted to baptism and seemed re-animated. We're planning a service project with the youth to paint her house this Saturday or the next!! :)

Okay spiritual thought for you guys. I'm going to finish all the standard works before I get home and am currently in the NT. I was reading in Mark 4 this past week and it really got me thinking. Question for you guys: What type of seed are you? Here are a few verses I want to share:

Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the wayside, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty and some sixty and some an hundred.

Interpretation:

14 ¶The sower soweth the word.
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stonyground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or 
persecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended.
18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
20 And these are they which are sown on good ground;such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

We need to plant ourselves in good ground. We need to be sure of who we are and where we are going. Sometimes we can get really excited for things and then drop our testimonies and faith faster that a hot potato when things get rough. Sometimes we love our time on our phones and Facebook more than we love to go out and serve. Sometimes we let doubt trump our belief in things we know to be true. We should do a self-check frequently and always, always, ALWAYS, be strengthening our testimonies. If you don't have one, get one! Jeffery R. Holland gave a beautiful talk about building our belief in April 2013. Read it. Here’s the link:


Anyways, I just want everyone to be on sure and steady ground. So please never procrastinate the opportunity to strengthen your testimony.
I love you all and hope that you have a great week! You are really all the best; I miss you guys so much!!! But holy, half-way there...time is flying. Don't forget to memorize the Living Christ! I love you guys!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the wonderful emails!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Con todo de mi amor,
Hermana Anderton


Someone knitted Raegan a.....  something??  Hello Kittie?



No comments:

Post a Comment