Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22, 2015: And that my friends is how I was pooped on by a bird!

Wow, time is flying!!! Everyone sounds like they're doing great!! I'm so happy for all of you! It sounds like you're all busy too!!! Life just keeps rolling. Yeah, I can't believe I hit my year mark this Thursday. The MTC feels like yesterday. But whatever, I'm having a good time :)

We are busy and had an okay week. I will share the funny thing first. We were contacting a woman and her sister in the park and then suddenly: PLOP!!!! And that my friends is how I was pooped on by a bird. That is the second time that's happened to me ha-ha. It was on my bag too. When we got to Hermana Luly's for lunch, I went out back and scrubbed that thing clean. There are lots of pigeons here. But it was worth the sacrifice, they were a little shut down to us, but after laughing at me, they opened right up and it kept the conversation going to so we could invite them to church. God moves in mysterious ways.  (Dad's Note: When Raegan was very young she always chased birds in the backyard hoping to catch one......   bird revenge!!)

Other than that, we are preparing Ricardo for baptism, and trying to help and strengthen our other investigators to progress. We had a lesson with a member present with Ricardo...whose name is Ricardo, too. I don't know why we found that so amusing...probably because everything is hilarious in the heat ha-ha. We are talking to everyone in the street. Around 12 to about 4 there is only us and the stray dogs in the street because it’s really hot! But the few people we find, we talk to. Around 7, it cools off a bit so its bearable and people come out of their houses and we get busier. This week was a little bit slower, but I got my exercise in and had a blast talking to people. My companions are great and we are having fun and working the hardest we can. We often talk about our goals and are always encouraging each other. I'm glad I have the companions I have and that I get to work in this ward still. I love it here!!!!!!

Well, my thought for you guys has to do with Father's Day...PS, HAPPY DADDY DAY TO MY WONDERFUL FATHER!!!!! Anyways, yesterday, we showed "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father" to a lot of people. It's a really cool video. Check it out.


It talks about the role of a father in the home, and then compares it to our Heavenly Father. It almost makes me cry. I know how much my dad loves me and takes care of me, so just imagine the love our Heavenly Father has for us!! I know that his precepts and ways are the right way. And that He only wishes for us to be happy.

Pues si vosotros, siendo malos, sabéis dar buenas dádivas a vuestros hijos, ¿cuánto más vuestro Padre que está en los cielos dará buenas cosas a los que le piden?

“If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good thing to them that ask him?”
I believe in a Heavenly Father who loves His children. I know that the trials, opportunities, successes, and everything we have is thanks to the fact that He is our father. I hope that we can all feel His love and a better desire to serve Him. I choose my Father.

Well, that's it folks!! I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week! Thanks for all you do!!! I love you guys!!!!! Until next time....XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

CON TODO MI AMOR,
Hermana Anderton

This week the pictures home all had to do with "graffiti"

"Be the Change You Want to See in the World"

No comments:

Post a Comment