Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29, 2015: "So we trapped it in a container and then......"


Hola familia!! Everyone sounds like they had a grand adventure this week. I couldn’t help but laugh at the misfortunes ha-ha. We heard about the ruling on same sex marriage and it’s turned out to be a great contacting source because everyone asks us about it. Yep, we are going to be handing out a lot of Family Proclamations. That’s one of the benefits of living on the border; everyone wants to talk to the Americans about the US...so this has opened a great proselyting opportunity for us. I am disappointed about the ruling, but I know where I stand.

This week was soooooooooooo much better than last week ha-ha. We have been super busy, there is not enough time to accomplish everything we want to do in the day, and I love it!!! It has been really rainy this week and the temps dropped to the low 90s, it was wonderful. We did get soaked though....when it rains it pours!!!! We were soaking wet when we got to lunch on Saturday. We looked like drowned cats. But it was super fun!!!! We contacted a lot of people and found a man who goes to Vegas a lot to buy cars. He spoke English with us....but I COULD NOT speak pure English. A Spanish word came out at least every few sentences. I think he spoke better English than me. He had a good laugh. I don’t know what’s happening to me. I need to practice my English ha-ha. Another woman, Luz, is now a new investigator that we contacted in the street. She has been prepared for us!! We are teaching Ricardo’s mom now too. We are planning for his baptism this Saturday....and also plan on watching fireworks from El Paso on Saturday. Cambios are this upcoming week on the 7th. I’m nervous. I love Rio Nilo and don’t want to leave....but I’m the Rio Nilo geezer. So who knows? I love the ward here, they are super great. I wish you could meet them all!!! Oh we killed a cucuracha in our bedroom! Gross. We were getting ready to sleep when Hermana Diaz suddenly darted out of her bed and ran to turn on the light. There was a cucuracha just chilling in her bed. Well, we knocked it off of her bed and onto the floor...but there wasn’t enough space on the hard floor to smash it since our mattresses take up most of the room. We put those on the floor so it would be cooler to sleep at night. So we trapped it in a container and then drowned it in bleach. It was a terrible way for him to die, but that was all we could think to do. Hermana Ferrell was screaming like a little girl. It was super funny. I am more scared of spiders than cucurachas, but they are still gross. I really hope that we don’t find any more in our house. Overall, this week has been pretty good for us! :) We are going to work hard this last week here and see where we are going to end up next week!

Well, I just think I will let the following document speak for itself. I know that a lot of crazy things have been happening in the world. But in the end, if we just obey what the prophets say and defend the truth, we will be okay. We need to keep calm, pray, and keep our eyes on the prophet. I believe in the family the way God established it. Here is a quote from L. Tom Perry from his last conference...and then everyone could review The Family: A Proclamation for the World:

"We want our voice to be heard against all of the counterfeit and alternative lifestyles that try to replace the family organization that God Himself established. We also want our voice to be heard in sustaining the joy and fulfillment that traditional families bring. We must continue to project that voice throughout the world in declaring why marriage and family are so important, why marriage and family really do matter, and why they always will."


I love you all so much!! I am so grateful for the family I have! Thanks for all of your love and support!! I am grateful for all you guys do for me!! I hope that this week goes better than last week!!!!!!! Well, until next week!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO....oh and Hermana Luly says hi...she just walked in to the internet place.


Con todo mi amor,

Hermana Anderton


Scene of the "Cucuracha Event"

"The Capture"

"The End"

Hermana's Ferrell, Hernandez, Anderton

1 year....

The one year pancake face...???   Hmmmm?  Not sure what it is!

The one year flex......  (family pose!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment