Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015: "I Will Help At Home, But I Can't Always Do That"

Dum da da dum!!!! Dum da da dum!!! (imagine that to the song that everyone always hums when people get married ha-ha).  Wedding is this week!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Mom, don’t panic ha-ha. I hope that everything is ready to go! You all sound super busy and content!! Que bueno!! Thanks for the pics. I also expect lots of pics this upcoming week from the wedding!

This week has been good! Super-hot...I’m ALWAYS sweating. It’s gross. But we are having a blast and working hard! We have had some pretty cool experiences. We found a man outside of his house cutting his tree and we just started talking to him. His mom had just died so he has a lot of questions about life after death. We gave a very watered down version of the Plan of Salvation and left the pamphlet with him after we took his telephone number. He lives in the area of the Elders, so they have a golden reference! It’s amazing how God prepares His children. On Saturday, we had a sisters’ meeting and the primary was having a big activity in the same chapel we were in. They wanted to say hi to us, so they came in to shake our hands. There was a really cute 7 year old who took a special liking to me...probably because I am blonde and according to her, look exactly like Barbie. Anyways, each child picked a missionary to talk to for a few minutes. She was at my side before they even finished the instructions ha-ha. We were supposed to talk about how we demonstrate our love for the Savior. She was so worried and thought she had to save all of the kittens and puppies in the world so Christ could know she loved Him. We decided though in the end that helping at her house and obeying her parents was good enough. But she was just so cute! Quote, "I will help at home, but I can’t always do that." I asked her why. "Because sometimes I have to go to school, so I can’t be home all the time." I told her that was justified. I loved the thought process!! I saw Hermana Patlan and Juanita on Sunday! They came to our church!! All fancy in their dresses!! It was a good little visit. I will be returning to Juarez to visit them!!! We taught the oldest daughter of Maria de Jesus for the first time yesterday. She lived with her grandma, but has been having some problems so she was living with her mom this week. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and gave her one. Jaquelyn, her little sister, taught her how to pray. It was super precious!!!! We are going to read the BoM with them. We bought Maria the discs so she can listen to them when we aren’t there since she can’t read. I think that will be the key with them. The BoM is a powerful tool!!! So yeah, we are hard at work!! We are also encouraging the youth to enroll in seminary and the Young Adults to enroll in institute. Nobody seems too excited about it when we talk to them....WHAT?!?!?!?! But we are going to get them excited!!!

So that’s going to be the basis of my thought for you guys this week: why is it so important to go to institute and seminary?? And for you older people out there...to study the classes for Sundays? Because we will never stop learning about the gospel!!! There’s too much!! I’m so grateful for all the time I spent in my classes, it helped me gain the testimony I need to do the things I need to do!!!! I loved seminary and institute!!! I learned so much!!! I also will never forget the way I felt during some of those critical lessons about the Atonement...WOW!! I know that as we study the scriptures, we will be filled with better understanding and find all the answers we ever need!! SCRIPTURE POWER!!! Seminary, institute, and church are the places we get to go to discuss them with other people as guided by the Spirit. Make it a priority!!!!!! Understanding the scriptures is so important...and I love them so much!!! My scripture quad is one of my most prized possessions. This is from 2 Timothy 3:15-17:  

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Well, I’m super excited for Madison!! I can’t believe she will be a married woman in 5 days! Enjoy the wedding, and everyone can eat my half of the cake ha-ha. Take lots of pictures and have lots of fun!! I’m so proud of you all and everything that you’re all doing!! I have such a wonderful family!! I love you all more than I can ever express! Thanks for all your support and love!! I hope everyone has a great week!! Well, until next time....XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO


CON TODO MI AMOR,
Hermana Anderton

El Paso is thata way!

District Pizza Party!!! whoo!

The caption on the picture was: Lo Estrano Mucho!

Hermana Luly...  Thank goodness for Mission Moms!

District Selfie!! No Raegan!

Yes, I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment