Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014: Where is September Going?



Hola familia! Como estan?  How is everyone’s life without me? Dreadful, I know. I am the life of the party ha-ha. But really, I hope everyone is as happy as they sound in their emails! As for packages, I will take an inventory for the month of October and send a list next week. And I didn't get my package yet...but I haven't been to the office this week. So, when I get it I will let you know. PS, thanks soooo much for the other package! I really appreciated it and look forward to the next one. It's like Christmas in a box!!!! :)

This week was probably the best one I have had out here. I have tried to talk more and have tried to be a little more immersed in the culture. We learned "Las Mananitas" which are basically the birthday songs here. Hermana Sutton knows it better than I do, but we practice them a lot. We have had great food this week too. Oh, the food…IT IS SOOOOO GOOD! I had something called Mole Verde this week that I am going to learn to make for you guys. You will love it! It's delicious. It's like guacamole but better! This week I was fingerprinted and everything for my green card. I'm officially a temporary resident of Mexico! Woot! And when I was there, I got to see my district from the MTC because we all were going there at the same time. As you can imagine, I was stoked to see some familiar faces from one of the best places on earth I have ever been. They all were doing well. It's weird to think about how much has happened to all of us in just one month. This week it rained like crazy on Friday, or Thursday, I don't remember what day...but it was pouring! And I love rain, so I was super excited!!!! I got to wear one of my sweaters because it was....COLD... :) :) :) outside. The weather is cooling down and so I am super grateful for that. We had really great lessons this week with the Bishop's neighbors and with the guy here who speaks English. Oh, I love the people here! There is so much I do miss about home (well, you guys), but so much I love here too. We talked about the Book of Mormon and its importance and the Holy Ghost a lot this week with investigators. There were 86 people at the chapel this Sunday, normally there is like 50 or 55. We were pretty excited! This weekend we have a fiesta to celebrate the 16 of September at the chapel (Independence Day). I am pretty stoked!!! Hermana Sutton and I are looking for clothes so we can dress like real Mexican Women...or at least a sombrero. We are pretty sure one of the members is going to help us get that stuff.

Okay, spiritual thought for you lovely ladies and for my favorite man on earth: Faith must change your actions! Okay, so I have been reading "Jesus the Christ" and it talked about not being able to be saved by knowledge alone. Then Hermana Sutton and I were studying Lesson 3 on Faith in Jesus Christ in PMG. You can know all the things you want, but unless you apply what you learn in your life, it doesn't do you any good. It's not enough to just know what you have to do and half-heartedly do it. So, whatever you're learning: Apply it! Do it! Change! LOVE IT!  So, I decided I'm going to start giving assignments to you guys to do, and then in your emails you can tell me how it went, cool? Cool. Okay, this week...you guys will study Chapter 5 of PMG and it's about the BoM. So while you are reading the BoM as a family, read and then discuss what you have learned and how you will APPLY it in your week. Then you guys can tell me about your week and then just a short bit about how the challenge went. This will be fun people! I am learning so much and really want to share it with you guys! The mission is amazing, I am so glad I came!! I've really learned so much in just the few months I've been gone. I love you guys so much!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Love your little missionary,
Hermana Anderton



Hermana Sutton and Anderton at the border.  Raegan is now a "temporary" resident of Mexico!!!

Raegan loves to sleep...  with her prized "air" mattress.
At the border for fingerprints.  L to R:  Elder's Velazquez, Lamm, ?, ?, and Smith with Hermana Anderton and Sutton

At the border with MTC friends Elders Lamm and Smith

A rainy day in Juarez...  I get to wear a sweater!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment