Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014: "and that they should choose me, their Father"



Hola familia! I hope all is well at home. It sounds like everyone is doing great. I will be sure to keep you in my prayers. I know that blessings to you will come from my service here. I sure love you guys a lot! This week was great, but a little more difficult than last week. We have not found a lot of new investigators this week and a few others are not progressing anymore. Hermana Sutton and I are going to work extra hard this week and pray a lot more fervently to find the elect.

Okay spiritual stuff first. So I did get to see a bit of the Women’s Conference, it was AMAZING!! Even in Spanish ha-ha. I hope that you guys were able to enjoy it too.  Uchtdorf’s talk almost made me lose it. We are all so special to our Heavenly Father. I know He loves me. I have seen so many miracles out here and I have felt His support in moments when I really wondered if I could do this, or if I am doing it well enough. (Perfectionist problems ha-ha.) I really cannot tell you guys how loved by my Heavenly Father I have felt out here. It is amazing! Speaking of that subject, we were reading in the Pearl of Great Price as a companionship, and I found a scripture that touched my heart, and the phrase that stuck out to me was this: that they should choose me their Father. (Moses 7:33) What is going on here is Enoch is seeing Heavenly Father worry about us and our sins and things and He is weeping over us. I just really had it whack me that our agency just is that choice...choosing our Father. I was thinking AHHHH I NEED TO CHOOSE MY DAD!!!!! So anyways, that is my spiritual thought for you. I am stoked to see what General Conference has in store! WATCH EVERY SESSION LIVE!!!! Once you guys get the Ensign in English from conference, will you send it to me? I am going to watch it in Spanish and I don’t have the patience to print them all off from online.

Even though this week was hard, we saw quite a few miracles. One happened one night when we had found NOBODY. We were on our way home and were one block from our house and ran into a woman named Arecelli. We set an appointment with her and were really excited. We started to walk away and a man yelled out in English "You’re LDS right?" We turned around and ran back. Turns out he is a menos activo and really struggles with a testimony of Joseph Smith. He loves everything about the Gospel but cannot get past the Joseph Smith thing. HA!! ENTER HERMANA ANDERTON! I have got this one. So, we actually ended up going to Aracelli’s house, she just invited us all in, and we had a mini lesson since we needed to be in our house in 10 minutes. I shared my testimony of Joseph Smith with the man who struggles with that. I simply told him that I know with every ounce of my heart that he was a prophet. No man would have gone to his death for something that was not real. No 21 or 22 year old could have written The Book of Mormon without the power of God. And no man would endure all things that Joseph Smith did if it wasn’t true. I expressed how when I had asked if Joseph Smith was a prophet, I received “yes” as my answer. End of story. Manny sat back for a bit and went, "I never thought of it that way. Nobody would go die if they were a fraud knowing bleep well that they were going to meet their Maker."

Anyways, I am running out of time. I hope that you all know I am very happy here and I am learning a lot. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Heavenly Father with everything I am for this small amount of time. Seriously, I am already 3 months into this thing!! I love you all and miss you lots, but this is worth it! Have a great week, be safe, and enjoy conference!! LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Con todo de mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

No comments:

Post a Comment