Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 8, 2014: We Found Captain America in Juarez...



Okay people, business first. The Texas address is going to change to this:

9420 Escobar
El Paso, TX  79907

So, if you could change that on my blog too that would be fab. (And thanks for keeping that up, from what I hear.) I will still get the other package you have sent already, they are in the process of trying to change it to this one, so they will check the other one, too. Don't sweat it. But for the next package, send it to this one :) Anyway, I got my package!! Thanks so much! I about died from happiness when I saw the Nutella. And everything else was perfect!! Mom, you read my mind!! Please send more Nutella if you would like...I've already finished half the jar. Hmmm, maybe you shouldn't....I have an addiction to that stuff ha-ha. So for packages what happens is they take the package to the mission headquarters, and then when I go there for training or anything else, they hand it to me and I take it back to my house. So basically it goes from El Paso, straight into my hands. I am excited to get my music! Thanks for doing that for me!!! I love my family!!

So this week: I am becoming a cook I think. The hermanas here are quick to show and tell us how they make their delicious food. I am so glad there is hope for me ha-ha. I am really learning a lot about myself out here. Luckily, I've got Hermana Sutton to keep me in line. The intercambios were a little tough, nothing went as planned in our area, but it was good for me to learn a little more how to take the lead. I sincerely tried my best and so that was all I could do. I am finally moving into the "I can do this!" stage of adjusting to missionary life. I was discovering the unexpected for a while...but now I feel comfortable navigating my way around and I am not as intimidated to talk to people in my broken Spanish. I am able to understand a lot more!! I actually can follow along enough to speak to people because I get a little summary in my head of what they said. It's crazy how much I have learned in one month here. Can you believe your little baby has survived Juarez Mexico for a month? SWEEEET! I never really feel unsafe here, it’s crazy I know, but I always feel guided about where to go and what to do. Soooo cool thing this week about my awesome companion, she called me out on something this week: my lack of self-confidence. She told me to fix it. Only she could get away with that ha-ha. She said, "Hermana! You need to realize the gifts you have! Doing that isn't being prideful; it's recognizing the gifts God has given you and using them!" I sat back and went, "Oh! Oh my goodness. She's right!!!! Developing your talents is something you're supposed to do." So, I'm working on that now. Thanks to Hermana Sutton. The Lord knew what he was doing when he made us companions. It's crazy how much I am discovering myself out here. I've changed so much in a month. At a meeting with the President this last Friday, he told us that the habits we form out here are going to follow us for the rest of our lives, so we better form good ones out here and then keep them. He encouraged us to prepare to be the moms we will need to be and to really soak in everything the mission has to offer and to work hard. I really feel ready to let my old-self go and improve into the person that I need to be. I can't tell you how happy it has made me so far!!! SOOOO HAPPY HERE!!!!

We found Captain America in Juarez too!!!!! Well, a piñata of him. I will have to send you the picture later because I don't have it on my camera. Hermana Ellsworth...who I had an intercambio with… has it. I will send it next week. Well, I love you all so much and miss you guys like crazy!!! I am not homesick or anything, but I do miss you guys a lot. I am so grateful I am part of a fabulous family. Watch "Because of Him" this week on the Mormon channel. It's amazing! It's changed my view on life! Everything we have is given to us by Christ and Heavenly Father!! Everything works out because He is in control. Love you guys so much and thanks so much for everything! The package was great and your prayers are felt. XOXOXOXOXO

Love, 
Hermana Anderton


Note:  Raegan did not send any pictures this week so I "borrowed" some from her companions blog.  We sent her a package with various items.  Her mom sent her one of her favorites including "Nutella".  Raegan would often eat it by the spoonful and it appears that nothing has changed.

Whaaaaaat.....

Happiness IS Nutella!

I can eat the whole bottle in one setting!

Hermana Anderton and Sutton with their neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment