Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1, 2014: We tried to break into a car.....



Hola familia!! How is everyone doing? I sure do miss you guys, so I love the emails! Sorry I stink at replying. Keep them up, even if I don't respond well. I can't believe school is back in session. That is super crazy because it feels like I just got out of my first year of college. Oh man, life keeps speeding up!! I have already been out on my mission for 2 months and it feels like I just started.

Well, this week I honestly am scrambling to remember. There is so much that we did that I can't put it in order. So here is my attempt: we tried to break into a car...yes, for real. Let me explain: one of our investigator's mom locked her keys in her car and so we were trying to unlock it. Oh the things you learn on the mission! I think I am adjusting to the heat...it doesn't bother me as much even though it's not particularly comfortable. However, yesterday we were walking around to go and visit the sick people in the Ward and I realized that every minute spent in the sun was worth it to serve the people.  My attitude really changed to be much better this week with the help of Hermana Sutton. I am so blessed to be out her with her. She says she was just like me at the beginning of her mission and so she has a lot of great advice. I am sad that we have to do exchanges this week, which means I will be on my merry own with someone who has probably as much experience as me. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT HERMANA SUTTON?!?!?!? I really hope to be a missionary like her someday. She speaks Spanish like a native and works hard. It is easier to go to work when both of us are motivated. We met a man named Alejandro who is a red tomato! He is so ready it's crazy! I love teaching him! Hermana Sutton is making me share more and talk more in the lessons, she gives me just the right push...I'm becoming more comfortable sharing my experiences than I was before. It was hard at first for me because you guys know I'm really not an open book with my feelings. It was just a really good week. We taught the most lessons we have since I have been here and it seems like our finding efforts are finally paying off. I feel like I am starting to get a feel for the mission field. We are also teaching a part member family that speaks English...did I tell you that? Oh, I love speaking English to them. They feed us American food every Saturday, it's awesome. The food here is great, too. I have a thing for tortillas; oh it's a major issue! I will show you guys how to make some later. Oh, and we are going to Costco today!!!! Happiness!!!!!!!

So this week I realized that all I am is because of my Savior. I knew that before, but since I've been out here I've had to really rely on him and not myself. I used to view myself as pretty self-sufficient and when I put my mind to something I got it done. But this mission thing is a whole other beast! I never really had to try in school, but oh man I have to try with the Spanish. It's humbling. I am a perfectionist, but there is no way we are all going to be perfect. I am trying to be a great missionary, but I need to be patient and let myself learn. I finally think I understand more the personal necessity of my Savior in my life. Holy guacamole! I can't wait for personal study in the morning because it gives me the strength and motivation to go through my day. I finally think I understand how to personalize the Gospel. I know my facts, but I guess I just never reflected it all back to myself. So, that's been really amazing to do. I really think this mission is a pivotal point in my life. I'm changing so much (really fast) and I'm learning so much. Thanks for supporting me and helping me to get here. We have so much to be grateful for and to hope for in our lives. I know sometimes I swing to the extreme of being realistic, but really we have so much to hope for and be thankful for. We all know in the end everything will be okay!! :)

Well, I love you all so much and hope that you have a fabulous week! Keep sending the great emails. I love reading them!! I have the best family on the planet. Seriously, I am so grateful I get to be with you guys forever!! Miss you all lots!! But I'm super busy...so it's all good.

With all my love,
Hermana Anderton

Hermana Anderton and Sutton

I think it reads  "Born to be real not perfect"

Learning to cook tortillas!



Trust us.....

Working on the tan line.

Things you find in Juarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment