Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015: Time Is Flying By!



HOLA FAMILIA!! I’m glad everyone is doing well!! It sounds like you guys had a super busy week! That’s great! Yep, one month from today you guys will be anxiously awaiting my arrival at the airport and I will be lost in the LA airport trying to find my way around ha-ha. But yeah, until then...I’m here working hard and staying focused.

This week has been super busy and we are just working away. We set a baptismal date for the 12th of December with Evelyn; she accepted and is really excited. She reads everything we give her and learns the material really well. She is attending mutual and has a good group of youth friends now. She promised not to miss a single week of church so that I could be present at her baptism. The investigators have to attend 5 times before they can be baptized. Elba is progressing, too. She was sick on Sunday, but is doing everything else. We were wandering around on Wednesday; nobody was accepting visits from us. While we were walking down a street, a car pulled up and a woman yelled out, "What are you guys doing?" I replied that we were preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She smiled and said, "I’m a less-active member. I haven’t gone to church in 10 years. Can you please visit me tonight?"  Then we wandered around some more, feeling a bit like Nephi right before he went again the 3rd time to get the plates...not knowing what the heck we were supposed to do...and found a woman outside of her house who is now a new investigator. She said even though she is Catholic, she is sure that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church. Her name is Lupe. Soooooo, even wandering around in the street has a purpose in missionary work. We always find ourselves where we need to be, it’s kind of cool. Anyway, our zone leaders are really pleased with our work and have told us to keep going. Our area has been kind of dead for almost a year, and now it has some movement. Yesterday, the primary piano player was sick, so Hermana Valenzuela asked me if I could help out and play. I accepted without thinking twice. I loved going to the primary! It was super fun, and I love the primary songs. They just say the simple truths in such a beautiful way. So yeah, it’s been a good and busy week! I love my mission!! Time is flying by!!!

Today, my thought is about following the Spirit...and taking initiative...and progressing.

"If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always “no”. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place."

Really, it’s simpler than we think. We just need to feel what we are supposed to do, then do everything we can to get it...and of course ask for Heavenly Father's help along the way. It’s the only way we will ever get anywhere or do anything.

Well, I love you all so much and hope that you all have a great week!! Thanks for all the love and support!! You guys are wonderful!!! :) Well, until next time...


Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

No comments:

Post a Comment