Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015: Last Transfer..... Here We Go!!!



Hola familia!!! You all sound wonderful!!! I’m glad everyone is well!!! And everyone sounds super busy!! Time is flying. I’m freaking out!!!! But yeah, there will be no changes for me this transfer. I’m staying in Estacion with my companion. I will be the sister training leader of the sisters in the zone and there are 3 companionships!! Hermana Zepeda will be one of them, she just can’t get rid of me ha-ha. But yeah, I’m cool with staying here. So, we are going to work hard!!!

This week was good!!! We have two teenagers on board to set a baptismal date and Paulina has a date for the 21st of November. Elva is progressing really well; the only problem is waiting for the divorce of her boyfriend of 20 years so that they can get married. Good gravy, peoples personal lives here are super complex. We have found a lawyer and everything for her ha-ha. She suffers from a lot of health problems, she is almost worse than Mom!! So the problem is the money really because she pays lots of medical bills, and a lawyer and a divorce and a marriage requires $$$. But she is super excited about everything and is reading the Book of Mormon and always has lots of questions when we come. The two teenagers we have on board are friends of a less active family that we have reactivated. We had just barely met them and they said, "We want to be Mormons like you guys! We want to get baptized." (Their names are Evelyn and Alexis. Please pray for them.) Well, we can make that happen. On Thursday, I got to travel to Juarez and was there until Friday for our mission leadership meeting. I LOVE JUAREZ sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!! Its super ugly, but when I pulled in there, I felt like I just got home. And I was secretly excited to get off the bus because it was making me nauseated. The bus was super rocky...and after 4 hours I was done ha-ha. I know lots of people probably won’t even understand it, even other missionaries tell me I’m crazy for loving Juarez so much...but really, I have lots of great memories there and learned so much in Juarez. I just love it.....Anyways, the leadership meeting was super good!!! I learned a lot. They talked about diligence and discipline. Really, the things we do here in the mission and the habits we form will have a huge impact on our lives. It’s kind of like running, I learned a lot about being disciplined and not making excuses....and I’ve had to apply that here. Being responsible and taking initiative....it doesn’t go away when I go home. I’m so glad I came on my mission, its changed me a lot...and for the better. I can’t believe how far I’ve come, and I still have a long way to go. I still have a million things to learn, so even though everyone is telling me it’s almost over, I’m just going to stick in my zone and keep working up until the end. Oh, and we are going to have a Christmas choir here!! SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!! We are singing "Mary, Did You Know?" I love that song!!! It’s better in Spanish I think, it sounds really pretty.

My thought comes from Mom’s email, loved it a lot so I want to share it:

“Sometimes there is no next time, no time outs, no second chances. Sometimes it’s now or never.” – Alan Bennett

It’s true. This life has no rewind or pause buttons. I believe that everything we do in life needs to have a lot of dedication and we should do it with purpose. It is what makes life wonderful!!! Really, even though we often say we are here to pass through trials and all that jazz, we are also here to make something of ourselves with God’s help. I know that if we include Him in everything we do, our life will always have a purpose and we will always make the best of the chances we have. So, now or never....start the improvement. If you fall down, get up and cowboy up, then keep going. Do everything you do with purpose and LOVE IT!!!! Today is the day to get started.

I love my mission, I love you all, and most of all I love the Lord. Keep up the great work!! Good luck with tests, read your scriptures, pray, keep calm and carry on. HAVE A FABULOUS WEEK!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO......XO. :) Until next time......

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton



Bustillo's family with Hermana's Reynoso and Anderton at Karla's Baptism.  Elders Riding and Carrasco on the right.

District:  Hermana's Reynoso, Anderton and Elder Riding (Returning home this week) and Carrasco (new District Leader)

Statue of Benito Juarez, a progressive reformer dedicated to democracy.


Transferred to China?

A park with nobody in it??


Not sure....   All of her pictures in town seem to be at a time everything is closed down and there is nobody on the streets???

No water under the bridge

Raegan was never sure.... Ying or Yang?

No comments:

Post a Comment