Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2015: Hermana Sutton Brought Me NUTELLA!!!!



Hola familia!! How is everyone? I really enjoyed your letters! It sounds like it was a great Thanksgiving, even if the football game was freezing cold ha-ha. First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADISON!! There, I didn’t forget. Also, another subject I need to hit before I forget: our mission will now be a Facebook authorized mission for the new Christmas initiative that the church is doing. We will be posting things about it. I’m not sure if we are going to start tomorrow or next week. Long story short, don’t freak out when you guys see something from me on Facebook. I’m obedient ha-ha. And yes, it was SO FUN to see Hermana Sutton!!!! It was great to meet her family too. She gave me the big hugs you guys wanted to send...and a Nutella!! WOOHOO!!! Thanks for the pics of the apartment. It looks great! Thanks so much for getting everything for school lined up for me. That really has helped me feel a little bit calmer about coming home.

Well, this week was another great week and it flew by! I was really only in my area 1 day of the entire week. I went on intercambios with Hermana Clark, she knows dad’s nephew Brady Anderton. Anyways, her area has hills in it...I’ve been in flat areas my entire mission, so I was dying about half-way through the day. But it was fun! We visited a family that has a baptismal date for January and we were teaching the Plan of Salvation. The dad wouldn’t accept that the Fall was part of Heavenly Father’s Plan. I was really bothered by it...he was SO stubborn!! He said that we could have all just lived there and stuff. I pulled out the Book of Mormon and asked him if he thought it was true, "Ummm, yes." Okay. So we read 2 Nephi 2:22-25. He didn’t get it the first time, he still said it was their fault we were here suffering. So we broke down the verses a little bit and took pauses. It finally clicked. "So, we wouldn’t have been able to progress there, we wouldn’t have even been born? And we are here not just to suffer? And God knew that was going to happen?" "Yes." Power of the Book of Mormon made manifest. I spent the weekend in Juarez for another meeting...then came back on Saturday night. I’m going to go back this weekend too. I’m really getting to know the highway between here and Juarez ha-ha. Overall, I can’t believe how fast this week has flown by!!! And even more, I can’t believe how little time is left. I am really having contradictory feelings, I’m so excited to see you guys and watch the Lion King....but I’m so sad to be leaving my mission!!!!!! So yeah, I really am not trying to think too much about it, but I’m trying to make friends with the unchangeable fact I’m on my way out.

My thought for you guys is going to come from my personal study. I’ve been re-reading Jesus the Christ. I just got through the part where after His baptism; he was tempted during his 40 day fast. A pattern I saw, every time He was tempted...He overcame it with a scripture. And that reminds me of a quote (surprise) from Richard G. Scott:

"Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high. They can become the key to open the channel to communion with our Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ.

The scriptures provide the strength of authority to our declarations when they are cited correctly. They can become stalwart friends that are not limited by geography or calendar. They are always available when needed. Their use provides a foundation of truth that can be awakened by the Holy Ghost. Learning, pondering, searching, and memorizing scriptures is like filling a filing cabinet with friends, values, and truths that can be called upon anytime, anywhere in the world.
Great power can come from memorizing scriptures. To memorize a scripture is to forge a new friendship. It is like discovering a new individual who can help in time of need, give inspiration and comfort, and be a source of motivation for needed change."

I love my scriptures and wish I could just plant in everyone the understanding of just how wonderful they are!!! The ponderizing challenge is still on people! I know that the scriptures are a powerful source of inspiration. So, keep picking ponderizing scriptures and read your scriptures daily!!

Well, I love you guys so much and am so grateful for the wonderful family I have! Thanks for all the love and support you all give me. I love you all so much and am getting really excited to see you again!!! Have a great week!!!!!!! :) XOXOXOXOXOXO until next time....

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Anderton

Making Tortilla's

Dublen Zone

Dublen Zone
Hermana Sutton was Raegan's trainer.  She visited the mission over Thanksgiving.  A special delivery was made.  Nutella!

A long distance hug from Mom and Dad delivered by Hermana Sutton!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment